Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bernese Mtn dog - rescue group?

domesticzookeep
May 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Has anyone heard of / dealt with a rescue group called BARC - Bernese Auction Rescue Coalition?

http://www.barcinc.net/pages/2/index.htm

Good / Bad???

I have a friend that has a Berner....and may be looking for another (not now, but maybe in the future...). She came across this group - but the auction thing just sounds weird???:confused:

Anyone know of a group that deals with Berners? (Already mentioned petfinder....)

Thanks,
C.
:ca:

mafiaprincess
May 1st, 2006, 05:36 PM
If read their site it says they are "dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating Bernese Mountain Dogs from dog brokers, dog auctions, puppy mills, and any other dangerous, exploitative or abusive situation."

It doesn't make them sketchy, just looks like they put 'auction rescue' in their name instead of recuers from mills, byb, brokers etc etc..

BMDLuver
May 1st, 2006, 06:00 PM
BARC is an excellent group. Their fees are high to help get more pups out of the auctions. They do longterm rehab on bitches and work with very special care cases. Two of the ladies I have contact with when needed. I would highly recommend them.

domesticzookeep
May 2nd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let my friend know.....$$ was also one of the things that caught my att'n.....so thnxs for explaining...:o

Does anyone know if there is a Berner group closer to the Toronto area?

Thnxs,
C.
:ca: