Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feet pain..

mafiaprincess
April 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I was going to jog with Cider today, but my running shoes are killing me. I was warned during the ski season if I didn't get my ski boots refitted to my feet whenever there was pain, I could change the shape of my feet. So I diligently went in like 10 times or so to get them adjusted. My Mom suggested joint cream ot deal with the pain I've been having in one foot, but I finally really looked at them today, and the foot in pain has freaking changed shape.
That all the rubbing on the bone has cause my one foot to be a lil wider :mad:
Helpful, really freaking helpful, not like there is any way to fix it cause it's like the bone has gotten wider.. Niiice.

Luba
April 30th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Soak your feet in a hot bath of epson salts.

Rick C
April 30th, 2006, 02:33 PM
As a doctor once told me when I went in complaining about shin splints from all the running I was doing:

"So . . . . stop running. If it hurts, stop doing it."

Lord, I hated that guy when he said that. :sad:

Then again, he was right. Give it a rest. It will eventually fix itself and then you can get back running.

My take.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

mafiaprincess
April 30th, 2006, 03:11 PM
True enough Rick, just it causes pain to cross my legs even, that piece of bone touches the couch, floor whatever. Some of my shoes hurt to even walk in..

But I hadn't noticed my foot had changed some till today. :rolleyes:
Maybe I'll make a dr's appt and see what he has to say about it..

I'm trying not to over do it,.. but I'm an active person, and if even walking can be aggrivating, yikes..

Prin
April 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM
You can't just buy wide shoes for now? New Balance and a few others make wider running shoes...

phoenix
April 30th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Get thee to a doctor!!!!
(I'm laughing because I hate going to the doctor, and if you were writing about your dog we'd all be heckling you right now to get him to a vet...)

rainbow
April 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Get thee to a doctor!!!!
(I'm laughing because I hate going to the doctor, and if you were writing about your dog we'd all be heckling you right now to get him to a vet...)

LOL...yeh, isn't that the truth.:D

mafiaprincess
April 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
lol, true enough eh.

mummummum
April 30th, 2006, 07:55 PM
You likely want to ask your GP for a referral to a good podiatrist and get fitted for shoe inserts which will position your foot properly so it can heal..or is that heel ?