Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I nearly lost Cider due to a dickie dee person..

mafiaprincess
April 29th, 2006, 05:20 PM
OMFG.. So I was walking Cider.. we are working on loose leash walking. Dickie Dee guy is coming down the street every so often ringing his bells. Gets 20-30ft to Cider, starts ringing them out of control non stop. Cider strains at the end of the leash, freaks out, and snaps the end of the leash she is so scared, and the guy thinks it's hilarious.
I miraculously call her back, and we have to jog for more than a block to get away from him because he won't leave her alone.
I called dickie dee in town, they are really sorry, and plan to tell their people to leave dogs alone, but wtf..
Nearly had a heart attack over it, came home and I was shaking more than her...
Guess that'll nicely regress our walking skills but at least she didn't bolt in front of a car or just keep running. :sad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 29th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Wow that dickie dee guy - what a jerk - glad Ciders okay - I think I may have freaked on the dickie dee person.

Their ice creams to expensive anyways.

mafiaprincess
April 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM
There were kids trying to put their basketball hoop together. I contemplated turnign around and telling him where he could go but thought it a tad innapropriate.. Being really angry and riled up I wouldn't have phrased anything 'nicely'.

As it was when I called to freak I shook while on the phone I was so upset about nearly loosing Cider. *screams* I'm sure he'll deny it all to his boss.. but there was a large dog behind the fence that was none too happy about the persistant ringing either.

Can you imagine if I had a 'scary' breed.. The freak out that would happen when my dog took off. Sheesh..

Prin
April 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
That must have sucked! I'm glad nothing worse happened. What an a**!

glasslass
April 29th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Dickie dee is an ice-cream vender?:confused: Is he on one of those bicycle carts? Glad Cider wasn't hurt or lost.

rainbow
April 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Glad Cider was OK. What an a**hole:eek:

I'd like to "dickee-dee" him right up the side of his head.:evil:

mafiaprincess
April 29th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah it was a bicycle cart with a bunch of bells on the handle bars. Cider is phobic of bikes, but only when they get super close to her. Doubt she could even see the bike through the freezer part..

But yeah what a jerk.. The owner was super sorry but it could have been a freaking calamity. We were finally getting somewhere on normal loose leash walking, and I'm afraid tomorrow we'll be back to plling and straining cause I let her all the way home.. her little heart was thumping out of her chest, I wasn't going to make her endure more of it while he pretty much chased after us...