Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Best Sitcoms of All Time...

jesse's mommy
April 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM
So, it's been brought up in the reporting thread and it just happens we have been watching the Cheers DVD's this week. We've been getting the Seasons in from Netflix and just watching every show in the order they were aired. Found a few I never saw, but most of them are repeats for me. I never get tired of this show. Every single episode makes me laugh out loud. So, what do you consider to be a sitcom that can be added to the best of all time list?

phoenix
April 29th, 2006, 12:21 PM
M*A*S*H IMO is the best of all time. (Does it count as a sitcom?)

papillonmama
April 29th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I've always enjoyed Seinfeld, me and the hubby watch the reruns and I still have to chuckle. (Mum always said I have a dry sense of humor).

But I also liked Cheers, That 70's show, Trailer Park Boys, and I'll admit I liked Gilligan's Island too, all the crazy schemes....

Reality shows were the end of sitcom era, IMO.

gomez
April 29th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I Love Lucy

Prin
April 29th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Seinfeld, Sex and the City, Scrubs (relatively new), Friends (ya, I loved it...), Will and Grace (it's almost over! :()... That's all I can think of right now. I used to like the Cosby show, but seeing it again now when I'm older, it doesn't seem so great anymore...

Oh ya, Ray! I forgot Ray. He always makes me laugh out loud too.

BoxerRescueMTL
April 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Sex and the City - thank dawg for my parents illegal satellite, I got to watch it from the beginning!! Curb Your Enthusiam, even though I hate Larry David, I can't stop watching.

BoxerRescueMTL
April 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Sex and the City - thank dawg for my parents illegal satellite, I got to watch it from the beginning!! Curb Your Enthusiam, even though I hate Larry David, I can't stop watching.

glasslass
April 29th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Frazier! Hard to beat the blend of personalities - right down to little Eddie.

joeysmama
April 29th, 2006, 10:47 PM
My top favorites would have to be MAD ABOUT YOU, MAD ABOUT YOU and then of course MAD ABOUT YOU.

I think that show was absolutely brilliant !!

Prin
April 29th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I just got the last season on DVD and geez! It's so different than the completely sensored version on tv (not illegal satellite). Up until yesterday, the 4 girls were WAY more innocent in my head than they really were!:eek:

Right about Mad About You... I missed the last season, but I watched that show religiously.

technodoll
April 30th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Seinfeld! and Everybody Loves Raymond... and Corner Gas now since the first two are over :D

Rick C
April 30th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Seinfeld would be my top favourite . . . . . . it comes on at all hours of the day now and you can just walk into the middle of an episode and feel at home.

Get Smart would be another one . . . . . and the early Beverly Hillbillies episodes.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Stacer
May 1st, 2006, 10:58 AM
Did anyone else watch a very short lived sitcom called Freaks and Geeks? I thought is was really good. I can't believe no one has mentioned the Simpsons or Family Guy, or are they not considered sitcoms? Definitely Seinfeld and Friends. In the summers of my youth there used to be alot of sitcom reruns on during the day, often shows that I normally wouldn't have watched. I got hooked on MASH, Welcome Back Kotter, Golden Girls(not innovative, but Betty White rocks!), All In The Family, Three's Company. The sitcom has definitely suffered since the reality TV craze.

erykah1310
May 1st, 2006, 11:04 AM
Well Stacer, my all time favorite is THE SIMPSONS!!!
I have all the seasons on DVD ( a small fortune for 15 seasons :D )
Family Guy too is a great show!! Along with King of the Hill!!
( bit of a cartoon freak as you may notice :p )

LianneCatherine
May 1st, 2006, 02:38 PM
Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, I Love Lucy, Golden Girls

The Wonder Years, Friends, Scrubs, ER, House, Sex and the City

:D

LianneCatherine
May 1st, 2006, 02:39 PM
My top favorites would have to be MAD ABOUT YOU, MAD ABOUT YOU and then of course MAD ABOUT YOU.

I think that show was absolutely brilliant !!

That WAS a great show! I wish they showed some reruns more often.

jessi76
May 1st, 2006, 04:12 PM
That WAS a great show! I wish they showed some reruns more often.

Rerun's are on weekly on my cable - Nickelodean I think. I loved that show too.

as for my other fav's... Simpsons; Scrubs; Friends; King of Queens.

I think ER, Sex & the City, etc, are drama's... not sitcoms.

Luvmypit
May 1st, 2006, 04:53 PM
Roseanne was my all time fave.

chico2
May 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM
Of course I Love Lucy and I am not ashamed to say All in the family,not politically correct today,but sooo funny.:D
Nowadays we don't watch any sitcoms,except I love Raymond.
I absolutely hate Seinfeld....Friends was not too bad..

Prin
May 1st, 2006, 05:07 PM
Aw I forgot Roseanne and The Wonder Years! I grew up with Kevin Amold..:D

meggie1425
May 1st, 2006, 05:12 PM
I could watch Seinfeld reruns over and over! definetly the best sitcom of all time!:thumbs up

HunterXHunter
May 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Bewitched
Everybody Loves Raymond
Friends
Get Smart
Gilligan's Island
The Simpsons

Actually, I miss Get Smart and Gilligan's Island the most....

KarineB
May 17th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Well I have a few:
Friends
Sex in the City
House
Grey's Anatomy

rainbow
May 17th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I don't think I could pick an absolute favourite from Seinfeld, Cheers, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frazier, King of Queens, MASH, Golden Girls, Simpsons, All in the Family, Cosby, Three and a Half Men.

marko
July 11th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Seinfeld. Definitely.

Then all in the Family.

Golden Girls
July 11th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Will and Grace and Seinfeld are two shows that crack me up ... everytime even the re-runs :D

PEDPA
July 11th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...........

Roseanne

Family Ties

Alf

The Golden Girls

Married With Children

Who's the Boss

Three's Company

Different Strokes

Umm the one with the little kid that used to ride in the dumbwaiter ... Geeeez I can't remember what it was called ...... ummmm Webster????? Ya that was it!

And the one with the dark haired guy ( holy crap my memory is CRAP tonight !) with his friend named buddy .... and he was a live in Nanny ..... CHARLES IN CHARGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ]

What was the one with Kirk Cameron ??????

Mr. Belvedere

And the Fresh Prince were all my old favs !!!!!