Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 Dog attacks in 3 weeks.

Schwinn
April 27th, 2006, 10:39 PM
So I just finished reading the local paper, and again, on the front page, is a dog attack. This time, a ten year old boy was required to be put under to stitch him up. Last week, a woman had her two dogs attacked. And the week before, the police shot a dog that went bezerk. The common thread? None were pitbulls. And two were under a muzzle order, one owner is currently appealing. Oh, and no charges were laid.

If any were pitbulls? Big fine, and jail time.

A couple of thoughts. First of all, anyone here about the attacks in Georgina (more specifically, Sutton and Keswick?) Didn't think so. They weren't covered in the "big" rags (I'm looking at you, Toronto Star). Also, 3 dog attacks in a relatively small area (population wise)...Georgina...have to wonder how many other serious attacks happened in the same time frame that weren't reported.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but this infuriates me. Not just because the pitbull is being singled out, but this new law that is going to protect the public, and we have three dog attacks where the police have specifically said, "there is nothing we can do, they haven't broken any laws." Unless they were a pitbull. As a matter of fact, if we walk our pitbull without a muzzle, our pitbull who has never threatened anyone, who ran to our infant daughter's aid when she thought the cat was attacking her, we get a big fine. But these idiot's who have been given a muzzle order, and ignored it, and have had thier dog hospitalize someone, get nothing. "They haven't broken any laws..."

So here's what I'm wondering...Michael Bryant, you've just okayed a lighter sentence in lieu of cash for the people who shot Louise Russo (I know you say it isn't a lighter sentence, but are we really that stupid? Thier lawyers negotiated a sentence, then said, "Oh, and our clients would also like to give her $2 million dollars"). How much would it take for me to punch you without being charged? I'm taking up a collection...

Jackass.

erykah1310
April 27th, 2006, 11:15 PM
How much would it take for me to punch you without being charged? I'm taking up a collection...

Where can I drop my donation?

wdawson
April 27th, 2006, 11:23 PM
here here....where is the plate

twodogsandacat
April 28th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I'd pay cash for a ro sham bo. Me first. Oh never mind I just checked the definition and Bryant can't play.

Invicta
April 28th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I'd donate to the plate for someone to punch him. I think a lot of people would pay to see that.

Luvmypit
April 28th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Good post Schwinn!

Apparently some pit bulls got shot by police about 1 - 2 weeks ago and of course that made most toronto rags but when the australlian cross got shot after it attacked I think 3 people I heard it only in one paper as a side blurb. can't even remember which one.

I wish there was way to hold the media responsible for biased reporting. I mean it just ins't fair to us or our dogs or public preception. I am sure if they printed every single relevant dog story people would at least have a chance to see for themselves.