Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Sonia's nose is dry for a month. and there is nothing wrong with others. How can I

shuishuiqi
April 27th, 2006, 01:46 AM
My Sonia's nose is dry for a month. and there is nothing wrong with others. How can I do that??

Prin
April 27th, 2006, 01:49 AM
What do you mean by dry? Cracking? Or just dry to the touch? Noses that aren't wet are normal.. They're not always wet.

shuishuiqi
April 27th, 2006, 01:52 AM
How can I do that?? Vitaimin E oil ???

shuishuiqi
April 27th, 2006, 03:01 AM
What do you mean by dry? Cracking? Or just dry to the touch? Noses that aren't wet are normal.. They're not always wet.
cracking!!!

Blathach
April 27th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Threads merged.

OntarioGreys
April 27th, 2006, 08:16 AM
It may be nothing more than drying, vitamin E oil will help.

One of my greys started with a dry nose but then her nose start going pink/grey in areas , it disappeared on it own and came back the following year but this time even the nostril started to swell up and it was looking much worse , so off to the vet, it turns out she has an auto immune disease, hers is also affecting other areas of her skin such as her lips, vulva and what looked like moth eaten fur patches as it progressed
she has what is referred to as Discoid Lupus Erythematosus or DLE which normally affect just the nose, if it spreads to other areas it is referred to as disseminated DLE. If it is DLE the suns UV rays will cause it to worsen, so you need to limit exposure and use sun blocks.

Here is so info about it including a diary of two littermate that have this disease, likewise it started with the dry and cracking nose
http://www.rr-oona.com/DLE/DLEmain.html

satchelp
April 27th, 2006, 09:40 AM
If it is nothing more than a dry nose, you may want to try Calendula ointment or cream, available at most health food type stores. One of my dogs get this seasonally, and this ointment works wonderfully.