Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Excercising your dog..

mafiaprincess
April 26th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Ever had people stop and stare? I've taken to walkign Cider, and then playing ball with her in the tennis courts across the street from my house when people aren't playing in them..

That way she can't take off.. Well I can't pitch a tennis ball hard enough... So I was taking a tennis racket to hit balls for her. Yesterday I decided to pull out my lacrosse stick.. (it's been 5 years.. I really miss it) And I found I was having more fun.

Today a woman drove past the park.. came back, and parked in the lot and watched us for like 20 minutes.. I felt like such a freak, lol. :o

Prin
April 26th, 2006, 11:44 PM
lol Maybe she was contemplating getting a dog and you sealed the deal.:)

mummummum
April 26th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one to bring my old wood tenny racket to play with the kermuttskies in the tennis courts - best thing in the world for wearing down their nails !

mafiaprincess
April 26th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Yay, it's not just me. I just can't throw a ball far enoguh to make it worthwhile.. I was looking into the pet tennis ball throwers.. but it's been more fun playing lacrosse with her. Now.. to teach her to throw it back, lol.

Dog Dancer
April 27th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Yes people used to watch us playing with the dogs too. And yes I use a racket or something because I can't pitch a ball for spit. We used to have a city worker fella who would drive his city truck up and park outside our yard and watch our old dog (sadly missed) playing. He'd tell us how pretty she was and how he could watch her running around the yard all day. (Yeah get back to work buddy...) Anyhow, we got so nervous about him watching her all the time we put locks on the gates! But people would stand at the park and watch the dog when she played frisbee - they'd clap when she caught it. Sadly we didn't know the damage we were doing to her hips and ligaments until she was badly injured. The vet said the frisbee didn't cause it, but advised us not to do that anymore (she was 2 at the time). At 7 she had to be put down because of hip dysplasia and a torn ACL. But people sure loved to watch her play:love:

Luvmypit
April 27th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Same here. I used to live in an apt. building and would use the indoor squash courts (cold day) and the old tennis courts and I would whip the ball.

People, a lot of kid would cling on to the fence and ask if they could throw the ball. Can I pet him? Is he a pit bull? I would be answering questions to all the neighbourhood kids while throwing a nasty goober ball. Capone probably thought he was a star.

BTW I love lacrosse. Never missed a game that my 2 brothers played. Used to get pretty nasty at those games. We played for the scarborough saints and won the founders cup - best in Canada. Good times I tell ya!

mafiaprincess
April 27th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Yay, I'm not alone! I just felt kinda weird that people were flocking over. It isn't the busy time of year for that park yet..

I miss lacrosse. I wish there were people to just go toss the ball around with locally..