Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boucherville-lost-golden

poodletalk
April 26th, 2006, 05:47 PM
An eight year old golden went misisng today in Boucherville. The dog just got groomed, his fur is all shaved so he looks like a golden lab right now. He's blondish/brown wearing a blue scarf.

If anyone finds him, please pm me right away!

coppperbelle
April 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Whereabouts in Boucherville? My parents live there so I will e-mail them and ask them to keep their eyes open for this guy.

poodletalk
April 27th, 2006, 10:53 AM
The dog lives on Marie Chrétienne street in Boucherville the end of the street.

The Seigneurie portion of Boucherville west not too far from Longueuil.

coppperbelle
April 27th, 2006, 11:50 AM
That is way on the other side of town from my parents but I have put them on the look out anyways.

Lucky Rescue
April 28th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Here is pic and info:

phoenix
April 28th, 2006, 11:22 AM
oh the poor shaved doggie out in the cold. Hope he turns up:sad:

poodletalk
April 29th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Bamboo has been found!

Someone found him and wanted to keep him since their golden died. (Bamboo had a collar and liscence on, he could have been easily returned to his family)

When the person saw his picture in a local newspaper, they had a change of heart.

I told my friend that the person who found Bamboo, should contact the Golden Rescue Group since they have several older goldens looking for a home.

coppperbelle
April 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM
That is excellent news. I am happy to hear that Bamboo is back home. That must have been a very stressful week for his family.

Yes, please tell the people that found him that we have a few older dogs in foster looking for a forever home.

cpietra16
April 29th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Poodletalk, I have my friend who is moving out of his place and can't bring his golden. She is 2 years old, her name is Tiffany and she has been through a few training classes already. He has been trying to place her with someone he knows will treat her like a princess. Anyway. Just a thought. PM me if you want his number

Frenchy
April 29th, 2006, 07:06 PM
cpietra16;me and coppperbelle are with golden rescue if your friend is interested.

cpietra16
April 29th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I will call him and let him know. Thank-you so much.

BMDLuver
April 29th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'm really glad the dog was found but could someone please tell the family not to let their young children sit on his back? Photo or not, that is not acceptable behaviour.

Sorry, don't mean to be a party pooper but that drives me nuts.

jesse's mommy
April 29th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'm really glad the dog was found but could someone please tell the family not to let their young children sit on his back?

I was thinking the same thing. :o

cpietra16
April 29th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Actually when I saw the picture.. It almost looks like the dog is saying..."get these kids off me please" With a british accent. Don't ask. He just looks very ditinguished in the picture, i guess. Anyway he looks like he could speak with a british accent.

Lucky Rescue
April 29th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I'm really glad the dog was found but could someone please tell the family not to let their young children sit on his back?

Ditto. And what's with shaving a GR?

poodletalk
April 30th, 2006, 06:34 AM
I will pass on the message about the kids....

I don't know why everyone is criticizing this family, they went great lengths to get back their dog back. The person who should be critizied is the person who found the dog and didn't want to return it, even though the dog had a liscense on.

Many people shave their goldens, my neighbors shaves their goldens in the summer time as well. The dogs are cooler, they dry off faster when they go swimming and it helps prevent hot spots since they get throughly dry from all the swimming they do.

Frenchy
April 30th, 2006, 07:48 AM
It is not recommended to shave a golden because you take out their protection BUT for goldens who go swimming often,it's better for them if shaven,it prevents hot spots.

Lucky Rescue
April 30th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I"m not critisizing the shaving, just asking since I never saw a GR shaved before.

I'm sure they love him very much and I"m glad you will comment on the fact that they let two kids put all their weight on top of him. Sometimes people just don't know and are grateful for helpful tips.

poodletalk
April 30th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I have passed on the message to my friend to tell her neighbors, my friend agrees and assures me it was just a one time pose. The kids treat the golden with lots of love and respect.

My friend is going to get the lady's phone number who found Bamboo since she was bawling her eyes out when she gave Bamboo back to his orginal owners. If she wants and misses her golden that bad, there's plenty of goldens in Montreal who are desperatly looking for a home.

I will keep you all updated if the lady would like to adopt a dog.

Golden Girls
April 30th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Here's two more golden's shaved and it does prevent hot spots which golden's are prone to get. As long as their not in direct sunlight for a long period of time it's so much cooler. So their lab's in summer months

Glad to hear Bamboo was found and returned to the owner.

phoenix
April 30th, 2006, 08:39 PM
while I appreciate your points, right now it is most obviously NOT summer. I have an idea that this may have more to do with shedding and less to do with the dog's comfort.

Golden Girls
May 1st, 2006, 10:07 AM
I doubt anyone who has a problem with dog hair would own a golden. I'm also sure there in Peterborough it's about 30 degrees less than here. We've been in the 70's for a while now - yep sure feels like summer it's so beautiful here! I can assure you my shaved golden's are not cold and are much healthier this way - even if u think it's about shedding but hey thank you for while I appreciate your points

kidsruz4
May 1st, 2006, 10:20 AM
hey golden girls what a gorgeous pic of brand and misti... love them shaved. how's the skin allergies goin with them... and hot spots.... been awhile i haven't typed nor spoke to u.... i do not understand why people complain about shaving, i shave my saint down to her under coat so she doesn't over heat not get hot spots cause she is a rough coat and i sure wouldn't want to carry that coat all summer...me it has nothing to do with sheddin it has to do with comfort for her. my babies are my priority in life.. it would be like wearing a winter coat all summer......

badger
May 1st, 2006, 11:19 AM
It's so interesting to see their true shape, bigger than I thought. The head is Labrador, but the rest is something else. Anyone know how the breed evolved?

phoenix
May 1st, 2006, 11:54 AM
I doubt anyone who has a problem with dog hair would own a golden.
I think you'd be surprised at the stupid reasons that people get/get rid of dogs.

I'm also sure there in Peterborough it's about 30 degrees less than here. We've been in the 70's for a while now - yep sure feels like summer it's so beautiful here!

Do you know where Ptbo is??? If you're 30F more than here, you must be in a heat wave, cause we're at 22 C today. I wasn't posting about your dogs, and as I said, I appreciate that your points are valid for summer. However, the lost dog was in April in Que. So, I don't think your points work for the dog in question as I doubt he was hot or swimming at this point of the year in the location they're at... I'm sure you have your reasons for shaving your dogs.
Enjoy the beautiful weather.

poodletalk
May 1st, 2006, 12:03 PM
Phonix,

The dog was lost the last week of April, it's not exactly freezing here in Montreal. Also, the dog was found the first day, the lady who found him didn't want to return him! It's not like he was outside in minus 30 weather for weeks on end.

I have a friend who owns a dog grooming salon, I tried to get my dog groomed before Easter and she had no appoitments available!

Lets just be happy the dog was found safe and sound.

Golden Girls
May 1st, 2006, 01:15 PM
The post was about the lost golden and he is back with the rightful owner - which I'm sure everyone is happy to hear. Good job.

Comments were made that is IMHO a little opinionated
I think you'd be surprised at the stupid reasons that people get/get rid of dogs.
Do you know where Ptbo is??? So, I don't think your points work for the dog in question as I doubt he was hot or swimming at this point of the year in the location they're at... I'm sure you have your reasons for shaving your dogsI thought we were talking about shaven golden - getting rid of dogs? Let's just stick to the topic at hand shall we. People shave their dogs for different reasons and I don't believe it's any of anyone else's biz either. Mine is for medical reasons and BTW their shaved all year round. In the winter not as short but nevertheless it is upsetting to see judgemental comments when you know nothing of our pets. Who's to say why this woman shaved her golden - it is hers afterall my gawd !!!

I do know where Peterborough and just yesterday it was in the 30's where here I'm sure we were close to 80 mid day <<< just to compare to see why you would think Bamboo was "freezing" April 26th. Were certainly having summer weather - it's beautiful out there.

Badger: not all golden's are this big but they are considered rather huge but their also on medication for both thyroid and arthrisis - not surprising though as both are pet store puppies.

Kizruz4 OMG It's been forever! Check ur pm, I've forward you my new addy. Thanks for the compliment - their doing sooo much better as you can see *smile* bald and all LOL

Blathach
May 1st, 2006, 02:06 PM
This thread has run its course and will now be closed. Please avoid threadjacking in the future.