Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lost....

mandikt
April 26th, 2006, 02:44 PM
hi, I am new to this website but thought i would check it out because yesterday i had to put my cat of 19 yrs, (i've had her since i was 4 and i'm almost 23) to sleep. it has been very difficult for me emotionally and i thought that maybe talking to people on this website would help me.

i still have one other cat and a russian tortiose.

i am in nursing school with hopes to be done in november.

if anyone has anything they want to say that can make me feel better please feel free!

thanks,
mandi:(

BusterBoo
April 26th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Mandi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss :sorry: There really is nothing anyone can say to make the hurt go away, but do know that your little kitty is in a painfree and "young" place. Time will make things a bit better and one day you will laugh when you think of your little one and it won't be quite as painful. One day at a time....... :(

Your other cat and tortoise still need you and you need them, so enjoy them all you can.....:sorry:

LibbyP
April 26th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I have nothing new to add, Harley's mom summed it up to a tee,:sorry: Mandi for your loss and pain but it does lessen day by day, I'll tell ya my old girl Jasmine was up there on the bridge waiting for her new friend to come across, now my 4yr old would tell you 'now she's happy laying in fields and fields of smelly catnip and eating tuna sandwiches:) Oh to be 4 again, thought you could use a:grouphug:

cpietra16
April 26th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I am so sorry. I know how you feel. Each time I lost a cat; my last loss was my 23 year cat who died of many old age complications...and it was very hard. 2 months to the day his brother died of heart failure. Each death I took hard, but it did get a little easie with time. I will never forget them and have a million pictures of them,.... but the loss is there. Just know that your baby is in a better place free of pain.