Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on barn kittens

erykah1310
April 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Hey, I have the pics of the kitties now, they are doing great, eating welll and really seem to be liking the indoors!!! Here are some pics of them, Vet estimated them at approx 3 weeks! Rnt they adorable? They have their appointments for spay and neuter in 6 weeks!!!

erykah1310
April 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
And just one more, of the female shes kinda hidden behind Larry! ( already geting names lol)

jawert1
April 26th, 2006, 11:53 AM
how CUTE!!!! How's mamma doing and have you been able to catch her to get her in for spay too?

erykah1310
April 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Actually I am yet to see a momma? I have caught a large tom in there the other day but no momma kitty, i sat in there for 3 hours (hiding off to the side) and she never came in? Im gonna keep looking for her and hopefully one day catch her too. But now we are only down to one black cat ( male) and thats the end of the shed kitties ( for now)

mom_to_many
April 26th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Awwww. There is nothing sooo cute as a baby kitten!! So innocent and precious!! Okay..puppies are cute too!:D

chico2
April 26th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I think every baby-animal is cute,even little crocs:D but kittens have a special place in my heart:love:

erykah1310
April 26th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I just melt over the inquisitive look on Larrys face in the first picture! If i could only have one pet I would definately choose a dog, but kittens and cats are the next on the list!!! I just love anything with 4 legs and furry!!!!

rainbow
April 26th, 2006, 05:22 PM
The babies are sooo cute. Many years ago we found a female cat that looked just like Larry. She was pregnant and had three babies. One baby boy looked like your little female and the other two were all grey. My brother took one of the grey ones and we ended up keeping the rest (got them all fixed of course). We ended up moving from Duncan BC on Vancouver Island to Cranbrook BC in the SE corner and they all came with us including two dogs.

Good luck catching mama cat.:fingerscr

cpietra16
April 26th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Oh I agree with Chico...cats and kittens are very special to me too. I love that " I'm ready to explore look " they have when they start walking.
I miss the days when a kitten could crawl up your leg and you could laugh it off and then they get older...their claws thicken.... and when they try to crawl up your leg you.....yell, cry, curse, cry some more.....ouch:o

erykah1310
May 5th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Just thought i would post some more pics of the little kitties, theyre doing great and starting to show some interest in cat food ( not yet little guys ;) )
Sad to report that momma still hasnt been caught or seen:sad: I fear that she is no longer with us:sad:
Heres the pics! Larry on the right, still no name for the little gurl. she had one for a few days but it didnt suit her. Suggestions would be great!

doggy lover
May 5th, 2006, 06:56 PM
They are so sweet, that is about how big my barn cat Cali was when we got her. The rest of the litter were found dead, momma no where to be found probably killed on the highway. She never did get really big weighs only 6lbs now at 7years of age. Here is a pic of her, she is a beautiful cat.

Frenchy
May 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Stop it you guys,you're making me want to adopt a cat!No,no,no,3 dogs + fosters is enough....or is it?;)

cpietra16
May 5th, 2006, 08:55 PM
FRENCHY DID YOU TAKE A LOOK AT CATSNATCHER'S CATS...REAL BEAUTIFUL:D Rumour has it , they are all up for adoption:D

chico2
May 6th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Erykah..awwwww:love:
CPietra,keep trying:thumbs up If at all possible I would take them all,but Tiger,is especially beautiful:pawprint:

Frenchy
May 6th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Bad girl cpietra16!I had my eyes on the 6 yr old bomb proof cat (Velvet) that Lucky posted a couple weeks ago.But $$ right now doesn't allow me to.And something else that stops me is that if I get a cat,it will be indoors.But with the dogs in and out of the house many times a day,I would be afraid for the cat to get outside,my fence is dog proof but not cat proof and there some feral cats next doors who get into fights with other critters.Good luck Erykah,you're doing a wonderful things for those kittens!:thumbs up

erykah1310
May 6th, 2006, 05:05 PM
What an awakening I had this morning, Those little:evil: kitties!!!

I was sound asleep after the 6 am feeding and next thing i knew my toe was under ATTACK :eek:
Then once i regained my composure the next target was my elbow!!! :eek: YUP the kitties have Macgivered their way on to the bed now!!
Little buggers!!!! LOL

cpietra16
May 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Frenchy if it makes you feel any better I have a lab who is in and out and 5 indoor only cats. I have yet to lose a cat to the great outdoors. They are only out on a leash...with me:) Besides I really think if you take a look at catsnatchers babies, you can't help but fall in love:angel:

erykah1310
May 15th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Just had to post some more pics of them, they are doing so great!!! As soon as Little Larrys testicles drop in they go!!!!! Getting so big so fast!!! Enjoy the pics!!!

erykah1310
May 15th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Heres Larry!! Being the little weirdo he is! LOL

erykah1310
May 15th, 2006, 08:56 PM
And finally for this week!!! Little Princess! Shes such a little prissy gurl

jawert1
May 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
oh what CUTIES!!!!!! they're just so snuggly and cuddly and kittenly cute!

chico2
May 16th, 2006, 06:56 AM
OMG,they are adorable,those innocent little baby-faces:love:
I must have missed something,but what is going to happen to them??
Are they staying with you??
They should definetly be allowed to stay together,wish I could take them:sad:

CyberKitten
May 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Those are too cute!!!!! Thx for sharing - hope you have great homes for them all!!!

Daisy_Mae
May 16th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I must have missed something,but what is going to happen to them??
Are they staying with you??
They should definetly be allowed to stay together,wish I could take them:sad:

I was going to ask the same thing, are these cuties staying with you? That is very kind of you to take care of them and have them spayed. But how could you resist those faces? BTW, 3 hours waiting for mama? How patient is that?:thumbs up wow!

erykah1310
May 16th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I cant keep the both of them, well who knows?? LOL I am however going to be VERY VERY VERY picky on where they go!! I am extremely attached to Larry with all his "physio" and other special attention he needed to walk right. (He is doing great, you'd never know he had problems) Princess is a good kitty, she is smart, the first one to figure out to get on the bed and wake me up by biting my toes!! :eek:
And as far as Momma cat, well sadly I have coyotes here, and the shed is a bit of a way from the house so... I dont want to think about it:sad:
I plan on keeping both the kitties till they are atleast 10 weeks, maybe even 12 to make sure that there is no nutritional problems with them.( they had a rough start)
Spay and neuter is going to be done prolly in the next 2-3 weeks.:fingerscr

CyberKitten
May 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Can you not take mama in? What do you mean cayotes? She goes outside? I would be a nervous wreck if my cats went outside in an area with cayotes!! Yikes!!!!

jesse's mommy
May 16th, 2006, 06:54 PM
CK, it's not her cat. It was a stray cat in her barn who had babies. The mommy disappeared and she's been nursing them back from a rough start on life. :)

CyberKitten
May 16th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Ohhhh, I see. Maybe mama can be caught with a trap? If not, bravo for caring for the babies!! Are they bottle babies? If so, you deserve extra kudos - having been there myself, is alot of work tho VERY gratifying!:) :angel:

erykah1310
May 16th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Momma cant be caught, i waited with a trap for a few weeks ( there was a few strays in the barn, most of which have been trapped)
It has been gratifying and sad at the same time, they just grow so dang fast :( Totally worth all the time and effort though and would gladly do it again! ( worked out perfect, they were discovered while i am laid off for the winter from work and by the time I go back they will be totally eating on their own)

CyberKitten
May 17th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Sounds like fortuitous timing! Good for you for caring for the kittens!!!!! Again, I applaud your efforts! :)

erykah1310
May 28th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Mia has a home!!!!!:D :D
Some one in town has asked to adopt Mia, and has agreed to pick her up from the vets office after her spay and pay for it!!!! Talk about luck!! After asking LOTS of questions about the family and going to see the house I am confident that Mia will have a wonderful life there!!!
As for Larry, well not yet, but who knows??
Mias new family is unable to take 2 cats ( financial worries, because they already have a senior dog with health issues and are just worried that his vet bills and the bills of a cat would jepordize another animals well being) I fully understand!!
Just wanted to let everyone know, Mia will be going to her new home in 2 weeks!!!!!!
Lets keep our fingers crossed for Larry!!!!:fingerscr

erykah1310
June 13th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Well its been a while... but the kitties are still here and well after a lot of hmmms and haaas THEY ARE STAYING!!!!

Mia had a few potential homes , but really they werent that great! The first home she could have had would have been great but they decided against adopting a cat.:(

Needless to say, 2 calls for her and both of them BOMBED my interview questions. Shes going to stay here !!!!

Its going to be tough, but after all we have been through, i cant stand to think of where they might end up!

So my family has been extended to 5 cats!! ( life savings is going to take a licking from this LOL)

chico2
June 13th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Erykah,I'm really happy to hear that.:thumbs up
Even if you have to live on Mac&Cheese for a while,to pay for spay and neuter,it will be worth it...Thank's for keeping them:love:

Frenchy
June 13th, 2006, 07:07 PM
OMG,5 cats...hope you have a good vacuum :D

dtbmnec
June 13th, 2006, 07:13 PM
You're keeping five of the little devils? Good luck! O.o

Have fun watching the little guys beat each other up! I swear my two have two modes: Fighting each other or sleeping.

Megan

erykah1310
June 13th, 2006, 08:56 PM
OMG,5 cats...hope you have a good vacuum
No need for a vacume, all hard wood flooring, upstairs is all tile, not one carpet in the house, as far as the new couch though, gonna have to vacume it 2 times a day now!!

Worth it though. I just cant stand to see the 2 little guys seperated, and everyone else here is loving them too.

erykah1310
June 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Here are some updated pics of my kitties.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Cats/kitens1.jpg

"Mia.... SMILE!!!!"

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Cats/kittens2.jpg

Larry, what a rough life he has now! LOL

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Cats/larry3.jpg

And Mia! She always looks so angry!!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/Cats/mia1.jpg

jawert1
June 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM
oooohhhhhh i'm so jealous, there's nothing like stretched out kittens with big yawns and fuzzy tummies!

chico2
June 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM
They make me just kitten-sick,I soo wish I could have a couple:sad:

OntarioGreys
June 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Frenchy if it makes you feel any better I have a lab who is in and out and 5 indoor only cats. I have yet to lose a cat to the great outdoors. They are only out on a leash...with me:) Besides I really think if you take a look at catsnatchers babies, you can't help but fall in love:angel:

It can work, I had 3 dogs and fosters as well when I adopted 2 kitties.

Umbra http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/fcf4c6d1.jpg
and Mr Trouble aka Tipper
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/726e519d3345b79dabf4d86479ba1097.jpg

glasslass
June 14th, 2006, 06:59 PM
They just keep getting cuter and cuter! See? God knows what he's doing when he makes kittens so adorable. I'm glad you've succumbed!