Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Coke or Pepsi?

technodoll
April 26th, 2006, 09:47 AM
always been curious to see who is winning the battle :D

shannonRN
April 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Diet Pepsi wild cherry, to be exact. But I think coke always has and always will win.

angie79
April 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Diet coke all the way!!!!

pepsi puts me in sugar shock,

happycats
April 26th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Coke for me!! :) But for diet drinks I have diet Canada Dry Ginger ale.

jessi76
April 26th, 2006, 10:05 AM
it'll always be pepsi for me.

LibbyP
April 26th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I am and will always be a pepsi girl (dad working there might have something to do with it LOL) actually now I have switched to diet caffeine free pepsi - and ya know its good:thumbs up

Rick C
April 26th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I think the poll needs to be changed to reflect Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi as options as well!!!

I don't drink Coke or Pepsi, but I wouldn't touch Diet Pepsi with a ten foot pole and I have one (usually) or two Diet Cokes in a day.

I refuse to vote until I have the Diet Coke option!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

technodoll
April 26th, 2006, 10:29 AM
anybody know how i can edit the poll? sorry... new at this! :confused:

AliSam
April 26th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I am not a huge cola drinker but coke (specifically diet) would be my first choice of the 2. Otherwise I drink water, iced tea or chocolate milk.

jawert1
April 26th, 2006, 11:03 AM
The best thing Coca-Cola ever did was start making the 8 oz cans, that way I can have my sweet and not overindulge but still feel spoiled :)

Rick C
April 26th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I refuse to buy the plastic bottles of Diet coke . . . . . I find the cans stay cooler a lot longer on my desk, in my truck or wherever. And I just find the taste a little different versus a bottle . . . . . but, of course, that just means I'm probably insane.

I sometimes drive Mrs. C a little crazy when we're on the road looking for a CAN of Diet Coke because they're not necessarily in every corner store.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Frenchy
April 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Coorsh lite...oups,sorry,not an option :)

mafiaprincess
April 26th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I have a pepsi addiction problem..
And I think cans do taste different from bottles. But I'm too cheap to pay 7.50 or more for a case.

rainbow
April 26th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Coorsh lite...oups,sorry,not an option

LOL....actually, I prefer Kokanee.:D

If I had to choose between coke and pepsi, it would definitely be pepsi. But, I really prefer Safeway Select Caffeine-Free Cola. The big guys only offer caffeine free in their diet colas and I don't like diet cola.

Melei'sMom
April 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Well if you are insane, so am I Rick.

I think bottles and canned taste different.
And personnally it is bottled diet pepsi for me.

But in fountain pop, diet coke is better than diet pepsi.

I guess you could say I am a bit of a diet cola conniesuer, which I can't spell lol, and unfortunately drink way too much of it.:rolleyes:

Luvmypit
April 26th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Coke all the way........ with rum :p

As for bottle versus can I am with you on that one Rick. Definantly stays more carbonated in a can and also stays a lot cooler longer. Tastes better too.

Schwinn
April 26th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I voted Coke, but actually Coke Zero is my current vice. And I agree, cans and bottles do taste different. When I drank Diet Coke, I preferred cans. With Coke Zero, though, I find cans don't taste as good, and go flat a lot quicker than the 750 ml bottles...though I'm going through a case or two of the cans a week at home.

Rick C
April 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I started on the Coke Zero . . . . then in a moment of boredom I read the can about all the calories and stuff it had and compared it to an identical can of Diet Coke . . . . now I'm back on Diet Coke.

Some Coca-Cola product knowledge:

http://leslie.harpold.com/presents/000696demystifying_diet_cokes.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Skryker
April 26th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I refuse to buy the plastic bottles of Diet coke . . . . . I find the cans stay cooler a lot longer on my desk, in my truck or wherever. And I just find the taste a little different versus a bottle . . . . . but, of course, that just means I'm probably insane.

I sometimes drive Mrs. C a little crazy when we're on the road looking for a CAN of Diet Coke because they're not necessarily in every corner store.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

LOL-my husband and brother are the opposite-it's Coke (not diet!) in the bottle all the way! There IS a noticible difference in the taste; you're not insane (well, for detecting the taste. For preferring Diet Coke, and in the can....;) ).

My personal fave is Cherry Coke, which has just disappeared from the stores again. :mad:

meggie1425
April 26th, 2006, 03:52 PM
ummm... gotta love coke... do they still have vanilla coke? i havent seen it for a while

Writing4Fun
April 26th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Diet anything - eeewwwww! :yuck:

But I have issues with caffiene (including how to spell it), so I have to opt for decaf whatever. Since the manufacturers seem to be shying away from the non-diet-decaf, I'll take whichever I can get - Coke or Pepsi - in whatever container they deem to give it to me. I can't afford to be picky.

But, on the subject of cans, have you heard that there have been traces of rat urine found on them? It's not deadly or anything, like some of the hoaxes out there will have you believe, but it's there nonetheless, and a defininte ICK factor is involved. :eek:

technodoll
April 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM
ummm... gotta love coke... do they still have vanilla coke? i havent seen it for a while

yep, saw it at my local grocery-store yesterday! and lime coke, too... mmmmm! my personal favorite is Coke C2, but hard to find :(

Writing4Fun
April 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
my personal favorite is Coke C2, but hard to find :( They had it allllll over the WalMart in my area. I'll be coming to Montreal soon. Would you like me to bring you some? :D My brother already put in an order for the Simpson's line of soft drinks - they apparently don't carry them in Quebec either.

rainbow
April 26th, 2006, 05:07 PM
But I have issues with caffiene (including how to spell it), so I have to opt for decaf whatever. Since the manufacturers seem to be shying away from the non-diet-decaf, I'll take whichever I can get - Coke or Pepsi - in whatever container they deem to give it to me. I can't afford to be picky.

Me too....that's why I said I prefer Safeway Select Caffeine Free Cola. If you have access to a Safeway store, I highly recommend it.:thumbs up

I think President's Choice has a caffeine free regular cola too (they used to) but it's not as good as Safeway's brand.

And I totally agree with you about diet pop....eeeewwwwwww:yuck: :yuck:

Schwinn
April 26th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I started on the Coke Zero . . . . then in a moment of boredom I read the can about all the calories and stuff it had and compared it to an identical can of Diet Coke . . . . now I'm back on Diet Coke.

I don't have a Diet Coke can here (thought I did, actually). My understanding was they were close to identical, except Diet had 1 calorie, and Zero has none.

From the can

0 Calories
0 g Fat
40 mg Sodium
0 g Carb
.1 g Protein

Other than the sodium, isn't it better than Diet?

mummummum
April 26th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I'm not that fussy on either - I'd rather have Schwepp's Tonic Water, Schwepp's Gingerale or President's Choice Gingerbeer (well ANY kind of gingerbeer actually), Ting. As a kiddlie I used to drink my parent's Lime Rickey which I'm not sure it's even around and about anymore.

technodoll
April 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM
so coke won over pepsi, right? :D

does this also mean colgate wins over crest? :crazy:

Skryker
April 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM
:yuck: I was complaining about Cherry Coke not being availible, so when I saw NEW Black Cherry-Vanilla Coke in the store yesterday, I thought I'd give it a try. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: Very little, overly sweet cherry flavour quickly drown out by an overwhelming vanilla taste. Icky. :sad: I love ice-cold Cherry Coke in the summertime, too.