Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi, I am Daisy

DaisyK3
April 25th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Hi this is my first post on this site. I have 2 cats: Mookie a 16.75 year old Burmese and Charlie a 10 year old ginger longhair. I also have a 2.5 year od Bichon Frise named Kelsey. I came here looking for information on giving cats otv pain relivers. Mookie has arthritis in his hip but is doing well otherwise. I hope I can get advise on how to make his life comfortable for the time we have left together.

jesse's mommy
April 25th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Have you been to the vet? What did the vet prescribe? Did they give you any suggestions on how to give the medication?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

erykah1310
April 26th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Welcome!!
There is tons of good advice on here! Ask many questions and you will be sure to get many great answers!!!

DaisyK3
April 26th, 2006, 08:27 PM
[F][/FONT]
Because Mookie is still healthy in all other respects I have been waiting until the end of June when I take him for his annual checkup. I was just wondering if anyone had any home remedies that I could try that wouldn't hurt him ( Like using garlic powder and brewer's yeast mixed together and sprinkled on both the cats and the dog's food to keep fleas away). :pawprint:

jesse's mommy
April 26th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately we are not vets here and really can't give that kind of advice over the internet. The best thing to do would be to bump up your annual appointment a bit. I know that's not what you are looking for, but it really is the best advice that can be given.