Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

American Idol

coppperbelle
April 25th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Is it just me or is Paul Abdul behaving very strangely tonight?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I am pacific time so have to watch it in two hours - what is she hitting on Simon again :D

technodoll
April 25th, 2006, 09:19 PM
she was very emotional, wasn't she?

so who's the next to go? i say chris and elliot have to be top 2, man can they ever SANG!!! :highfive:

meggie1425
April 25th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Personally ive gotten kind of annoyed with Paula... i think she'll be next to have a public breakdown:D

LibbyP
April 25th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I agree, Paula was acting VERY strange tonight,kinda freakish if thats a word, wouldn't be surprised to hear she has a melt down in the future, very bizarre. I'm not really sure why but I just DON'T like Paris, but I think Kellie or Taylor will be the next to go , who knows? Kellie is very sweet and spunky and Taylor is fun to watch... I just don't know

jiorji
April 26th, 2006, 01:39 AM
nothing new...paula has always been dramatic and weird like that.
It's just that tonight she's taken it a bit further by actually crying.
I don't buy any of that stuff. The performance was nothing to cry about, i guess she was just trying to get attention to herself.

what I find weird about the show is that al of a sudden it seems like they're all doing karaoke. It's like they've all forgotten how to sing...all of a sudden.Plus the hand gestures have to stop! You're not on broadway, there's no need to put your arms up when the pitch goes up lol

chico2
April 26th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I think Chris was great and believe even if he does not win,he has a career ahead of him,great voice!!
Paula is an embarrassment:evil:
When Taylor was"singing"I switched to Animal-Planet,I cannot for the life of me,understand how he made it this far?
Negative voting??

AliSam
April 26th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Paula is just weird. Period. I think either Kellie or Paris will go tonight.

rainbow
April 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I think Paula either forget to take her medication yesterday or else she needs to get a different one or her dosage changed.:D

I think Chris did great last night and it's damn well time that Taylor Hicks got the boot. Like chico, I don't know how he's made it this far.:eek:

meggie1425
April 26th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I love Taylor!! sure he may not be the best singer. but he has a such a great personality! but thats the only reason he's got this far, and same with kelly... only i cant see why everyone likes her so much just because shes cute and dumb!Sorry, i just really dont like her. I think Amercan idol has kinda become a bit of a joke. But i still cant help but watch it every week!:)

chico2
April 26th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Sure Taylor is charming and a bit of a goof-ball,but how many CD's would he sell,that's what it is supposed to be all about,I think:confused:
Kelly has a good voice,as a country singer...IMO

poodletalk
April 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Regarding the judges, this what American Idol Producers want, for us to talk about them at the office, school, out walking the dog. So this way, people who don't watch American Idol are curious to watch it.

Do I think Paula is like that in her every day life, No! But this is an act she puts on for American Idol to keep the ratings up. Basically, the three judges have three different personalities.

Randy, straight to the point, I know best because I work with all these famous singers.

Paula. The sensitive artist who gets moved by the singers but constantly fighting with Simon.

Simon: Sarcastic, obnoxious man who thinks he's always right.

LibbyP
April 26th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Wow Kellie was spunky even at the end, good for her:thumbs up ,but thank goodness they didn't make her sing again, I think its wrong to make/have them sing the song that in all fairness got them kicked off, they should (if they have to sing at the end) sing their fav song so far, oh my goodness Taylor wasn't in the bottom two -:crazy:

rainbow
April 27th, 2006, 01:29 AM
As dumb as Kellie is, I was sorry to see her go. But I think she will do just fine b/c of her looks and her voice isn't all that bad.

Still think Taylor Hicks should have got the boot.:D As charming as you all think he is, he's just a karaokee singer.:eek:

poodletalk
April 27th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I didn't watch American Idol last night, what's next weeks theme and who's the vocal coach?

shannonRN
April 27th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Sorry, Kellie always made me cringe! Seeeee ya, Kellie!
I think we're down to a pretty good group and I wouldn't complain about any one of these remaining 'kids' making it all the way.

Taylor's not mainstream american idol-ish, nor is Chris really, but I would love to hear Taylor do a Blues album--something Joe Cocker, Eric Clapton-ish....but that's my area of music anyway :)

jessi76
April 27th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Regarding Paula and the erratic behavior... I'm no celeb expert, but I'm fairly certain she has a neurological disorder, and has been (and may still be) on some pretty heavy meds for it. She totally drives me crazy on AI, but if she's indeed sick, I give her credit for continuing w/ the show. Carrying on and even taking on new endeavors with a chronic condition can be hard, not to mention trying to function normally when all doped up on meds.

and shannonRN, I'm w/ you on Pickler... bu-bye! I was getting really sick of the dumb-as-a-post act.

poodletalk
May 3rd, 2006, 11:23 PM
I didn't see American Idol tonight, who was kicked off?

AliSam
May 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
It was Paris.

lpn169
May 4th, 2006, 02:43 AM
I was surprised it was Paris tonight.............thought it would be Taylor, he is good on certain songs and definitely entertaining! But not up to par at this stage of the game I think........I think top 2 will be Chris and Catherine, and Elliot as the 3rd one standing.

chico2
May 4th, 2006, 08:56 AM
I know a lot of people do not like Paris,but I think she has an amazing voice...Taylor should have been long gone,but I agree,he's entertaining:D
I don't believe Eliot has what it takes,I guess it's only me,but I don't think his voice is anything special.
I love Chris,fabulous voice!! But believe Catherine will win..

technodoll
May 4th, 2006, 09:37 AM
top 2 will be Chris and Taylor, Chris will win. Elliot has been in the bottom 2 too many times, and katherine miss prissy perfect has gotta go, she is just sooo annoying.

i see the future!! :D

LianneCatherine
May 4th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I think the top two will be Chris and Katherine. Taylor should be the next to go - he has great charisma, but not enough talent vocally. Elliot is very talented, but doesn't stand out enough. I think Chris will win. :D

joeysmama
May 4th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I like Taylor and Katherine and Elliot. I think I'd really like to see Taylor or Elliot win but I loved her Black horse and cherry tree song (did I get that right?) I thought that was a great number, my favorite of the night. And she seemed sooo nervous last night that I really felt sorry for her. I'm not a huge fan of Chris but I haven't been watching that long, so I'm missing a lot.

Paris was adorable and very talented, but she's only 17. She's got loads of time and I'm sure she will be a big success in the business. I can't get over how well she did at such a young age.

OK--I have NEVER been an AI watcher and I tuned in a ocuple weeks ago and now I'm hooked !! Sheesh !! It's a sickness.;)

chico2
May 4th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I am not a fan of hard rock,but Chris can certainly belt it out,he has a fantastic voice,as does Catherine.
I would want Chris to win:thumbs up
The judges,at least Simon and the other guy(forgot his name:confused: )are both in the music business and I don't think either one of them see Taylor or Eliot as money-makers,that is what is all about after all.Selling CD's,concert-tours etc..

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I vote for Chris he has a great voice - and there is just something about bald men. :D

rainbow
May 4th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Sorry to see Paris go but she's still young and will do well if she keeps at it. Taylor:eek: just has to be next as he has no talent. Elliott has a good voice but not enough eye appeal. Catherine and Chris both have great voices but Catherine knows it so I hope Chris wins.

rainbow
May 4th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Who got the boot on the Amazing Race? I missed it.

AliSam
May 4th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Nobody. It was another non-elimination round. BJ & Tyler were last again but they were again saved. They had to give up all their money and possessions again.

Prin
May 4th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Oh and which was it? BJ? The dark haired one- didn't even put his shoes on. What a moron! They're in the car saying how it's probably down to these three teams in a foot race, and he doesn't even put his shoes on. So he has to start the next leg with no shoes. MORON!:rolleyes: