Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

thanks to....

suer
April 25th, 2006, 07:34 PM
just wanted to say special thanks to..lucky rescue, cyber kitten, ontairo grays, chico 2, libbyp, bmd luver....i had written a while back about my cat having surgery to fix her broken femur and it turned out to be bone cancer..with 3 additional tumors in her lungs..you all gave me the advice i needed to hear and finally after much soul searching and for some unknown reason..i knew last monday was the day i had to call the vet, up until then katrina was still eating and going outside, laying on the deck or grass with me right beside her...after trying to explain to her how much i loved her and tried my best to keep her around it was time she needed to go find, grandma...who originally adopted her years and years ago..something in her eyes, showed the pain that day..and while carrying her inside, she peed on me...took her to the vet and was eye to eye with her, the vet gave her an anesthsia before the injection...said she was so small and skinny did not want to have to make her uncomfortable if he was unable to find a vein..to make a long story short..after she was gone, about 1/2 cup of fluid came out of her mouth..the vet said, i don't know why you picked today but it was the right time...she would have died a horrific death in 24-48 hours...that was the fluid in her lungs and she would have drowned....so not that made me feel a lot better but did help..brought her home and buried her in the flower garden under the bird feeded where she loved to try to catch the birds....so once again, i truly thank everyone who gave the right advice, i just had to have the strenght to make the decision....sue

cpietra16
April 25th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I am so sorry. RIP Katrina

Frenchy
April 25th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss,you did the right thing at the right time,now she can enjoy herself at the bridge with all her friends.

Lucky Rescue
April 25th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I am so sorry about your sweet girl, but know she was grateful to you for letting her go and for all the loving care she got.:(

OntarioGreys
April 25th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I am very sorry for your loss, it is obvious from your post the love the 2 of you shared :grouphug:

God speed Katrina

BMDLuver
April 25th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear of the news. You gave her the best gift of all though by holding her, loving her and helping her across the bridge.

jawert1
April 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss suer, thank you for loving her :)

Prin
April 25th, 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have you.:grouphug:

chico2
April 26th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Suer,thank you for doing the right thing for Katrina,a heartbreaking desicion,but one made out of love:love:
RIP,sweet little Katrina:love: