Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Proposed Bylaw Amendment/T.O.

Dukieboy
April 25th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Am I the only one that thinks nine is way to many pro or not?

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2006/04/25/1549365-sun.html

mafiaprincess
April 25th, 2006, 02:11 PM
But the limit sets the number at 6..

My issue isn't dog walkers having dogs on a lead.. it's the dogs off the lead.. I worked as a ski instructor at the north york ski centre this past winter, and there were days I'd take a few runs before work and nearly hit dogs.. Pro vans for dog walking services would be in the parking lot, and they'd let a pack of 5 or 6 dogs out off leash and go.. there are trails through earl bales park.. but usually these people had little or no control over the dogs.. so they'd run off, etc. Since I don't know these dogs I don't necessarily want them up close and personal with me.

Dukieboy
April 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM
But the limit sets the number at 6..

OOPS, had a dyslexic moment, I still think six is too many and ya I agree offlead dogs in non off lead areas are a problem in this city.

twodogsandacat
April 25th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Originally the reason given was safety and they felt six was too many. Of course after paying $100 to the city six is just right? Funny how paying money makes you a better dog walker. How about insurance?

Lets see 6 dogs @ $15 x 4 hours = $360. Sounds like it's really an economic issue. The more dogs you can walk the more money you can make.

I personally wouldn't feel safe in the dog park when one person is responible for six off leash dogs.

wdawson
April 25th, 2006, 05:51 PM
gee six at one time.......for me its hard enough with two.......lol