Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad owners dont just end with dogs and cats!!

erykah1310
April 24th, 2006, 10:37 PM
GRRRRR, I went to camp a few hours ago to check on things there, and on my way out I almost hit a horse!! YES A HORSE!! With a sunbird. Sadly if i would have hit the poor animal (who came barreling outta the bushes right in front of me) it would have been seriously injured not to mention what shape i may have been in! ( It would have prolly fallen right on me)
Once i successfully stopped for the horse, Lo behold another one comes running out of the bushes too!!!!
We had this problem with these people 2 years ago and now theyre back at it!!!! GRRRRRRR
Not to mention, that 2 years ago coming home from camp at 3 am ( sober driver) I ran over their previously ran over dog!!! I was so upset immediately i stopped at the house tears in my eyes and told them of the tragedy, the owners ( more annoyed that i was waking them up) didnt say anything, not a flinch, he walked out and dragged the dog to the ditch and went back to the house!!!!! I couldnt believe my eyes!!!!!!
I called the Humane Society emergency line when i got home and they said they would check on the situation in the morning ( cause the dog was already dead) Nothing happend, they still have dogs all over the road and now HORSES!!!!!
And toboot, there is no bylaw prohibiting horses running at large in my municipality!!! Isnt this the stupidest thing!!!????!!!!!!

mummummum
April 24th, 2006, 11:56 PM
This is from The Highway Act - given the lack of by-laws in your municipality re: animals at large, if you haven't already you might want to check with the OPP, let them know your concerns and ask if at the very least they will talk to these irresponsible horse owners.

Regulating or prohibiting use of highway by pedestrians, etc.

185. (1) The Minister may make regulations prohibiting or regulating the use of any highway or part thereof by pedestrians or animals or any class or classes of vehicles. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 185 (1).