Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vicky- bald spots on dog

vickyp1
April 24th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Hi, I have a tea-cup poodle who has a bald spot around her shoulder area. she wears a tee shirt a lot but I don't think this would be it. She seemed to have gotten it overnight almost. I didn't see it last time she was groomed. I thought maybe the groomer may have accidentally nicked her and possibly I didn't notice. I figured if this was the case, it would grow back but it seems smooth and there is no stubble so I don't think it's growing back? She has all her shots. I wonder if I'm at fault for sometimes feeding her table food? She doesn't seem to have allergies either? Should I be worried? Thanks

Prin
April 25th, 2006, 04:16 AM
If you're worried see a vet. It's really hard for us to give an opinion when all we have is a description. Do you have any pics of the bald area?
Maybe you should hold off on the t-shirts till you figure it out. (i.e. let the skin breathe a bit)

Prin
April 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure she should be putting any cream on it until she figures out what it is. If it's a burn or a cyst, cream won't help as much as a vet visit....

rainbow
April 25th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Should I be worried?

If it were my dog, I would be. I think a trip to the vet is needed.:pawprint: