Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

so what is your favorite "junk" food?

technodoll
April 23rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
it's been a bad week for me, i can't stop craving everything junky-food and can't decide which is worse, the leftover easter chocolate bunnies, the chester cheetos, the fudgecicle ice-cream or the salt & vinegar ruffles chips! help! is it the weather?? anyways... just curious to see what people's cravings are... :party:

Skryker
April 23rd, 2006, 10:51 PM
I just went on a major salt and vinegar Ruffles jag. It started because I wanted them one day, and couldn't find them. :D So, of course, that's ALL I wanted for weeks.

Major stress right now over moving and job search stuff, so it all seems good to me right now. I think I'm off the S&V Ruffles now, though.

I don't know if it's really junk food, but the new Canada Dry sparkling water with lemon and lime is a new craving for me...0 calories, tastes great. Whoo hoo!

Melei'sMom
April 24th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Red Licorice! going through 2 packs a week lately! been like that for a month. :eek:

Prin
April 24th, 2006, 12:55 AM
The cravings I usually get are for either chocolate or potatoes...:o :rolleyes:

shannonRN
April 24th, 2006, 12:57 AM
There's just so many options....I'm a jelly bean person though. Fortunately that's something with somewhat seasonal availability, and that keeps things under control. But Starkist jelly beans are the best! Yummy insulin rush :love:

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I'm a jelly bean person though. Fortunately that's something with somewhat seasonal availability, and that keeps things under control.[/

you can buy Jelly Bellys anywhere, anytime, order them online LOL! they're my favorite... i buy a big mixed flavor box and it lasts forever though...

prin: potatoes??? you mean like potato chips, or mashed potatoes? LOL :party:

Skryker
April 24th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I love Jelly Bellys, but I have to be SO careful with the mixed flavours since I'm wildly allergic to melons, and the cantaloupe ones and the tangerine or orange ones look too much alike (and it's embarassing to have to admit that jelly beans caused a severe reaction :o ).

Rick C
April 24th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Most of my junk food problems occur in the winter and I get rid of them in the summer but I'm powerless to stop them from showing up again when the snow flies. We are all weak.

Milk chocolate - frozen . . . . . fell of the wagon over the Easter Bunny but have avoided chocolate all last week.

A chocolate covered long john first thing in the morning at the 7-11 in the small town south of Calgary where I have a two-day a week office . . . . . I kicked this habit a few months ago but I know it will be back in November.

Big bag of Miss Vicki's Originals potato chips for driving around with Abby & Keeper in the country . . . . . kicked this habit a few weeks ago.

Cheezies . . . . I've got this one under control pretty good but a deadly gobbling habit to revert to. For gas alone.

I have a single diet coke every day . . . . if work is stressful, I'll have two.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 24th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Hint of lime flavored tortilla chips - the ones that come shaped liked spoons - there to die for - especially with Salsa - thanks guys now I am gonna have to buy another bag of them.

they have replaced my smoking habit. :eek: :D

jawert1
April 24th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Chocolate Chip Pop-Tarts - once I crack a box, I pretty much can eat one in an entire sitting, so they're banned from my apartment (aside from the whole gluten issue, sigh)

Cadbury Eggs - thank heavens they're only really available at Easter, otherwise I'd be in a haze of gooey goodness.

I will NEVER kick my Tim's habit, though I really am running low and need to order some more since my usual mule team isn't making a border crossing anytime soon :crazy:

Bushfire2000
April 24th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I'm on a diet ,so of course I'm craving, anything.
The stuffing at easter had me up in the night finishing it off. "sigh"
My friend, who is also on a diet, thought I was really wierd becuse for my birthday I craved KFC not cake. Salt is not my friend but oh so good.

AliSam
April 24th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Cookies are my weakness.

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hint of lime flavored tortilla chips

ooooh i love those! and Miss Vickie's has this awesome flavor now... cracked black pepper and lime... the black bad. goes too well with an ice-cold Corona... sigh. why is salt so evil??? :evil:

shannonRN
April 24th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Keep it JECM--how long has it been now?

I love those lime chips too. Awesome junk food.

Frenchy
April 24th, 2006, 11:35 AM
What do you mean chocolate CHIPS Pop Tart???Where do you get them?We only have the chocolate ones here,I never seen anything about chocolate chips,thats it,I'm moving to u.s.!I'll bring you some Tim's coffee jawert1.oh,and my favorites;french fries with looots of salt.

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 11:41 AM
ohhh my gaaaawd! chocolate chip cookie dough pop tarts??!!! i'm gonna die! LOL

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/images/cookiepoptarts.jpg

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 24th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Keep it JECM--how long has it been now?

I love those lime chips too. Awesome junk food

ShannonRN

Time Smoke-Free: 61 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes and 59 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 433
Lifetime Saved: 3 days, 7 hours
Money Saved: $173.60

well gee I dont really keep track as you can see - it looks like I can buy quite a few bags of lime chips with money I have saved.

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 12:01 PM
it looks like I can buy quite a few bags of lime chips with money I have saved

and ben & jerry's ice cream.... and Fritos, does anyone else get an urge for Fritos like once per year??? or am i a freak? LOL :p

jawert1
April 24th, 2006, 12:10 PM
What do you mean chocolate CHIPS Pop Tart???Where do you get them?We only have the chocolate ones here,I never seen anything about chocolate chips,thats it,I'm moving to u.s.!I'll bring you some Tim's coffee jawert1.oh,and my favorites;french fries with looots of salt.

hehehe yep, they have BOTH chocolate chip and chocolate chip cookie dough (though I prefer the former to the latter) and my friendly neighborhood grocery store stocks em (they really are evil). we should start a food exchange program :)

technodoll, occasionally i'll chow a bag of fritos, only cuz they're just so hard to put down!

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 12:13 PM
well i used to dislike Fritos, until i dated a guy that only ate chili with Fritos... yep, ladle hot chili in a bowl and top with a pile of fritos (regular or bbq), it's incredible debauchery but completely ADDICTIVE!! i can't eat chili with anything else now. i'm done for! :cool:

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM
so i got curious about pop tarts, wondered how many flavors & varieties actually existed... oh man it's a whole new world of chemical out there! 32 flavors!! LOL mmmmm!

Apple Cinnamon (Frosting was removed from Apple Pop-Tarts in the early 90's)
Apple Strudle
Blueberry
Brown Sugar Cinnamon
Cherry
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Cinnamon Roll
Double Berry
French Toast
Frosted Blueberry
Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon
Frosted Cherry
Frosted Caramel Chocolate
Frosted Chocolate Fudge
Frosted Chocolate Vanilla Crème
Frosted Cookies & Creme
Frosted Grape
Frosted Hot Fudge Sundae
Frosted Raspberry
Frosted S’Mores
Frosted Strawberry
Frosted Wild Berry
Frosted Wild Magic Burst (Discontinued)
Spider-man™ Spidey-Berry (Limited Edition)
SpongeBob SquarePants™ Wild Bubble-Berry (Limited Edition)
Star Wars™ Lava Berry Explosion (Limited Edition)
Strawberry
Strawberry Milkshake
The Incredibles Incrediberry Blast (Limited Edition)
Yogurt Blasts™ Blueberry
Yogurt Blasts™ Strawberry
Watermelon (Discontinued)

Sunkist/Winnie
April 24th, 2006, 12:30 PM
A layer of Nachos chips with fresh green pepper, red pepper and onions and grated cheese...then another layer of everything! Put in oven until cheese has melted and everything is warmed up.

Take out and eat with sour cream or salsa dip. Oh and a nice cold bottle of beer.

This is a bit involved for a junk food snack..but oh so good!

jesse's mommy
April 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
we should start a food exchange program :)

What do you mean chocolate CHIPS Pop Tart???Where do you get them?

You guys would kill me, guess what company I work for??? :p

My downfall: Taco Bell, Swedish Fish, Doritos, Tostitos, and CHEESE. I love cheese!

chico2
April 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
My 3 biggies are choclate(1 bar a day)
Beer,2 a day..
Extra old cheddar-cheese and Old Nippy cheese on crackers..
Cadburys Easter-Cream eggs,LOVE those!!

rainbow
April 24th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Chocolate:D Chocolate:D Chocolate:D

But I was really good this year....I didn`t hit the stores the day after Easter to stock up.

BMDLuver
April 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Ripples Potatoe Chips and Philadelphia Dill Pickle Dip... put on a good movie and keep the heck out of my stash! :D

Frenchy
April 24th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Jesse's mom;where,where,where do you work?Don't tell me you make the Pop Tarts and have discount :D And how come I can only find 5-6 different kind of them here ,I can see from technodoll list I am missing on some serious flavors...:sad: I would love to have a Taco Bell here too.I looove anything with melted cheese.yummy.And anything with sour cream,what else...anything with chocolat,chocolate mousse....and then you need to eat salted chips (after the chocolat) bread and cheese and wine,lots of wine...:party:

jesse's mommy
April 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Yes I do work for the company. :D I however do not work for the breakfast division, I work for the snacks division, but I do work for the company. I occassionally get the hookup from the breakfast division, but I get the ultimate hookup from the snack side. I can get anything I want for snacks and the breakfast on-the-go snacks.

By the way, I have another to add to my list -- hush puppies. I love them!

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 07:00 PM
jesse's mommy, you are in serious trouble now! feel the pressure of hundreds of "puppy eyes" aimed in your direction, drooling, sitting patiently for a treat... and no those aren't from our dogs!! :clown: so how do i get a job at kellogg's??? i am definitely in the wrong industry, LOL!

ps: i am polishing off an easter bunny as we speak. this is what y'all made me do! LOL

meb999
April 24th, 2006, 07:07 PM
aw, man! Just reading through this thread is makin' me drooool. I don't have A favorite junk food. All junk food is my favorite. Chocolate and chips are my downfall. The worse is Cheetos. I have a pretty serious Cheetos adiction. I haven't had any in a looong time, but I think about them everyday :D
They're daaaaangerously cheesy!

mummummum
April 24th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Wow - and I thought I was the only person on the PLANET who had even HEARD of Ms. Vickie's (drool, drool) Black Pepper and Lime chips (hmmm..24 hr Rabba's run in my future).

Ganong's Fruit Jubes.
Popcorn popped in oil with 3 large large large cloves of garlic, smothered with grated parmesan and seasoned salt. Add Becel if I'm feeling really "needy".
Metropolitan Raspberry Fruit Ices - lemon, mango flavours are v.good too!
Danone Prune yoghurt (yummylicious rich like caramel...).
French Vanilla icecream with raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
REAL french fries or homefries anywhere anytime
Homemade tapenade and Carr's Water Crackers with Black Pepper

Ohhh hanna..I better quit ...NOW I'm hungry.

technodoll
April 24th, 2006, 10:03 PM
no I'M the popcorn freak, LOL!
i order this wild and amaaazing popcorn from http://www.popcornlovers.com/, the seasonings are kick-butt too, i air-pop a big bowl about 3-4 times per week... drizzle on melted butter and all kinds of seasonings... a favorite is white cheddar & onion powder... or chili powder, cayenne & onion soup powder dissolved in butter... love the ketchup, salt & vinegar, dill pickle, nacho flavors... mmmmmmmm! if it wasn't 11pm and a weeknight, i'd stick my face in a big bowl right now!
grrrrrrrrrrr baby, grrrrrrrrr! :highfive:

Skryker
April 24th, 2006, 10:22 PM
technodoll, I just checked out that website-it looks amazing! LOL-I was actually drooling reading about it. Yummy! I love popcorn and adore caramel, so the gourmet caramel corns-to die for. :highfive: Thanks for the hook-up!:thumbs up

erykah1310
April 24th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Not sure if this counts as junk food ( should though lol) I frequently crave Fried Balogna on toast with mustard!! Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the nite and just want to head down to the kitchen!! LOL
As for normal junk food, well I DESPISE chocolate (seriously) and salt is my weakness, but chips make the roof of my mouth raw??? So BRING ON THE FRIED BALOGNA!!! LOL

Prin
April 25th, 2006, 05:09 AM
prin: potatoes??? you mean like potato chips, or mashed potatoes? LOL :party:
Sorry to leave you hanging (exam all nighter..) :o

All potatoes... Depending on the day, I might crave fries, or home fries, or mashed... ooo mashed with garlic! Or mashed with cream cheese and sour cream! mmmm!!! So ya. Potatoes in general.:D

oo I love the ones you get with breakfast in restaurants.. mmmm

Writing4Fun
April 25th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Oh, man! I'm sooo bad with junk food. :sad: I'm a chip-a-holic in a BIG way. Dill pickle chips, just because for the longest time I was the only one who would eat them so I knew I had the whole bag to myself. :evil: But now my youngest seems to like them so I'm busted. Chocolate is a once-in-a-while craving for me (about once a month, if you catch my drift, ladies ;) ), but when it hits, it his BAD. Jujubes and jelly beans - those plastic tubs at WalMart - deadly. Ooooh! That huge bag of chocolate covered almonds from Costco! Man, that is truly my Achiles heel. But, Costco has saved me a little, because they have those huge bag of veggie chips. That does a pretty good job of satisfying my need to munch (which really is more of a habitual problem than actual hunger), and at least I'm getting a little veggies in my diet.

kaytris
April 25th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Hawkins Cheezies, with a big glass of ice cold milk! (I can't indulge too often though, as I'm horribly lactose intolerant, and this will make me sick for two days)

On a less upsetting note, the Hint of Lime Tortillas and home made guacomole, and of course any form of chocolate - especially reese's crunchy pb cups.

technodoll
April 25th, 2006, 08:32 AM
stryker, that popcorn place is really worth it... not cheap but when you consider the cost per popped bowl, comes to about $1, so well worth the trouble. i love ALL flavors and the depressing thing is, after the first trial (i ordered a sampler pack) i got some Orville popcorn like i used to eat before, and i couldn't eat two bites. it was like crunching into those big styrofoam packing peanuts. i literally gagged. so.... that damn fireworks popcorn has me hooked. i order about 6 big bottles at a time and it lasts for a few months, every bite is mind-blowing and everything natural, no pesticides or GMOs... like they say here: http://www.popcornlovers.com/different.aspx, i personally vouch they aren't kidding :D
if you order some, let me know what you think!!! :highfive:

Frenchy
April 25th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I'm here in my office eating my lunch,now the yogourt :sad: rather have anything mention here!Erykah1310,really,bologna??Come on,there must be something else!Jesse's mommy;anytime you need an assistant,oh right,I can't move to florida,can't walk barefoot in the yard!:sorry:too much wild critters there!

Rick C
April 25th, 2006, 12:10 PM
It's not a junk food per se, but I still saliva like a Pavlovian Dog at the thought of a plain weiner wrapped in a plain slice of white bread . . . . . . the only food my grandfather would supply us with when fishing on the banks of the grassy banks of the Raven River or rowing across Pine Lake in Central Alberta . . . . . about 35 years ago.

Every once in a while I'll indulge . . . .

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

rainbow
April 25th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Not sure if this counts as junk food ( should though lol) I frequently crave Fried Balogna on toast with mustard!!

I`ve always heard that called "a poor man's steak sandwich".:D My husband makes it quite often with a fried egg added and it is good.

He works in the oilsands up in Fort McMurrray where there's lots of guys from Newfoundland. They make fried bologna and eggs which they call "Newfie steak and eggs".:D

jesse's mommy
April 25th, 2006, 02:18 PM
,I can't move to florida,can't walk barefoot in the yard!:sorry:too much wild critters there!

We've got snake away to keep the critters out! I can't deal with critters either (especially frogs in my toilet!).

technodoll
April 25th, 2006, 07:28 PM
ok so BEFORE dinner, i ripped into a bag of ruffle's salt n'vinegar chips... sigh. they were soooooooooooooo good!! :D

LibbyP
April 25th, 2006, 09:51 PM
mmmmmmmmmmum malted milk balls are my fav, couldn't pass up popcorn either, yup it's going on 11:00 and I don't have either in the house,:mad: darn that husband of mine getting the groceries this week..... baby carrots or banana's anyone?:yuck: common bring on the junk food

technodoll
April 25th, 2006, 09:53 PM
ok bananas in the blender with chocolate ice-cream and some milk? :D

jesse's mommy
May 20th, 2006, 10:03 PM
For all you Pop Tart lovers, there is a new flavor coming out next month -- it's Mint Chocolate Chip (or something like that). I can't remember the exact name, but they had them for us at our meeting last week and they are YUMMY!!!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 20th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Tommorow is my official cheat day - yes I am on a diet - ok well diets are bad I am on the eating for life plan - I have been working out like crazy -cardio and strength training and have so far gained two pounds lost I originally lost one pound then gained two - so I am up one pound - its muscle right - muscle weighs more than fat right - food wise I have cheated a little bit -

but tommorow is my real cheat day - I am supposed to be able eat ever I want all day - so its into the lime chips again - think I might even make some guacamole too with it yum. I never crave candy or sweet stuff but if its there I will eat it. If I had a whole chocolate cake in front of my or a huge bag of chips I will go for the chips everytime. :D

mafiaprincess
May 20th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I am obviously missing out on many rockign flavours of poptarts here. Mint chocolate oh please hook me up..

Whoever wanted the taco bell, if you pay shipping fees I'll send you our local one.. I dislike tacobell..

And I may have to go make some popcorn now. Thanks guys.. lol

LavenderRott
May 20th, 2006, 11:00 PM
There's just so many options....I'm a jelly bean person though. Fortunately that's something with somewhat seasonal availability, and that keeps things under control. But Starkist jelly beans are the best! Yummy insulin rush :love:

Please tell me you mean STAR BURST jelly beans! Somehow, I can't believe anyone would pay good money for tuna flavored jelly beans. ;)

Croutons! I hate to admit it, but it is something I picked up from my 8 year old. We both just love to eat croutons out of the bag. We aren't overly picky about flavor, but we prefer something besides just toasted and we arent' very fond of the cheese ones.

Puppyluv
May 20th, 2006, 11:03 PM
As for normal junk food, well I DESPISE chocolate (seriously) and salt is my weakness

Finally! Somone else who hates it!!!No one ever believes me when I say it. They all think I'm making an excuse or something, but seriously, I find it so unpleasant! Nice to know I'm not alone!

glasslass
May 21st, 2006, 12:14 PM
Mmmmmm! French Toast Pop-Tarts! I discovered those 2 years ago and love them. Not so overly sweet, no frosting, with a slight taste of maple syrup. I'm currently hooked on a candy bar, but embarrassed to say I can't remember the name of it. It has a "5" in the name and the ingredients include chocolate, caramel, and crisp pretzels. That sweet-salty, crunchy combination is addictive. If I really want to blow it and sedate myself with carbs, it's San Francisco Sourdough Bread, hot & crusty with cold, salty butter! I've got to get to the store!

Skryker
May 22nd, 2006, 06:34 AM
Please tell me you mean STAR BURST jelly beans! Somehow, I can't believe anyone would pay good money for tuna flavored jelly beans. ;)

Croutons! I hate to admit it, but it is something I picked up from my 8 year old. We both just love to eat croutons out of the bag. We aren't overly picky about flavor, but we prefer something besides just toasted and we arent' very fond of the cheese ones.

Whew! Not that long ago, I ate a handful of new type of crouton right out of the bag and I was wondering if I'd gone loopy...but they were sourdough ranch croutons, and very yummy! :o

There's a bakery here in town that opened a few months ago where they make everything from scratch and it's all preservative-free. :angel: And it's all SOOOOOOOOOOOO good, too! Luckily, the lack of preservatives means stuff doesn't keep so you can't buy much at a time. The pastry baker created something he calls a "Bee-sting" that is honey and almond topping on a buttery shortbread type base. So rich that you can only eat half a square at a time. A rare indulgence but very worth it.

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Mint chocolat chips Pop Tarts.......Could you tell the company to ship some here?:p