Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help!!!!!

heidiho
April 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
I ahve someone interested in my car,she said she will take over payments,does anyone know how that works???Do i keep car in my name and she makes the paymnets??That seems crazy i coudl not do that,or does she have to get financed through my finance co..HELP NEED TO GET RID OF THIS CAR

jawert1
April 23rd, 2006, 11:35 PM
In the interest of your credit not going down the tubes if she bails on you, you need to get all the paperwork done, which will include your friend cutting you a check for the remaining amount due, you paying off the loan, also, you signing over the title and such. Basically a trip to the bank and the notary (most banks actually have notarys these days) will get you squared away. Honestly, friend or not, do this up the legal way, that way you aren't stuck with a defaulted loan and no car in the event something goes awry. Oh and also, she'll need to prove ownership in order to insure it, so just taking over your payments does nothing in the way of that legality. Good luck

heidiho
April 28th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Thank u,i did talk to her and she doesnt want to put loan in her name...O h well,we are gonna try and put money away to get my car out here.

glasslass
April 29th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Heidiho, do it up legally. Do NOT leave the car or loan in your name. Can you imagine the woes you would have if she had an accident in the car and they sued you?

jesse's mommy
April 29th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Umm, I think she said they were going to save up money to ship it to Hawaii. :o

heidiho
April 29th, 2006, 08:52 PM
She never called back,if i can sell it there i will,but we are gonna start saving because no one calls about buying it,so i need to get it here...Sucks paying for it and i cant even drive it...............