Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fragaria Vesca pellets

rainbow
April 23rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Has anyone heard of using fragaria vesca pellets to remove tartar? On another forum they say it "works like magic" and for us humans too.:D

I found this:
www.elixirs.com/prodSearch.cfm?ProductName=fragaria+vesca+pellets+ ProductCategory=Pets

Prin
April 23rd, 2006, 10:11 PM
It's a type of strawberry plant.. :confused: I don't know how that would help.. Frankly with a good food and maybe some bones, you shouldn't have too much tartar...

rainbow
April 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, it's a wild strawberry plant and they make a tincture from it. You can buy the liquid or pellet form.

My dogs don't have tartar as I brush their teeth.:D But my cats are starting to get it and they hate getting their teeth brushed.:eek: So I thought if this works, why not?:D

It seems to be more popular in the U.S. and Europe for both humans and pets and I just wondered if anyone has tried it.

rainbow
May 27th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I've still been trying to find out more about this. Most of the sites are about homeopathic information or places trying to sell it.

The only exception, so far, is from the Greyhound Awareness League:

www.gal.org.uk/ Click on "Health and Behaviour" then click on "Tartar and Fragaria"