Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

oh gawd, i found another one!!

technodoll
April 22nd, 2006, 08:35 PM
in my idiot quest to find the most repulsive & disastrous kibble on the market, i stumbled upon the "Joy" line... yeah joy for the manufacturers who are *selling* their by-product waste and the joy for the crazy cooks behind this toxic waste who are lining their pockets with people's money, not joy for the poor dogs forced to eat this dry sludge... sigh. :yuck:

so for example, their "Joy Super Meal" comprises of:

INGREDIENTS
Ground Yellow Corn, Meat and Bone Meal, Animal Fat (Preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal , Corn Gluten Feed, Flaxseed Meal, Natural Flavor, Salt, Choline Chloride, Mineral Supplement (Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Vitamin Supplement (Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal Sterol (Source of Vitamin D-3), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement).

their tagline:

JOY SUPER MEAL is formulated for hard-working dogs in a nutrient dense 26% Protein and 15% Fat diet. This complete and balanced food provides improved digestibility and increased energy. Enriched with balanced Omega 6 & 3 fatty acids to ensure a healthy skin and coat and naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols for your dog’s well being. The bite-sized textured nuggets can be fed right from the bag. If fed wet, water is absorbed readily without the food becoming pasty.

JOY SUPER MEAL offers excellent result at a great value and is a favorite with many breeding kennels.

:sick: there is not one single real food ingredient in this garbage, only by-products and recycled waste... we all know corn is not a dog food ingredient, it's for cows! :sick:

their website, if you have morbid curiosity as i do: http://www.joypetfood.com/index.html

rainbow
April 22nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
Technodoll, you sure can find them....this one is almost as bad as Cycle.:yuck: :yuck: By the way, The producers of Cycle (Del Monte (Heinz) also make Nature`s Recipe....and the dog food rollercoaster goes on and on.:D

technodoll
April 22nd, 2006, 11:52 PM
i tell you... they're everywhere! hurts my eyes! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :evil:

meb999
April 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
ahhhh, meat and bone meal......sounds deeeeelicious!

Prin
April 23rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
Yep, they're everywhere.:rolleyes: