Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Digestive upsets

LoisW
April 22nd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Hi,

I have a 5 1/2 month old Yorkshire terrier that has a delicate digestive system. In the month and a half that I have had him we have had three emergency visits to the vet for vomiting, mucous in the stool and straining after a bowel movement. I feel that the vomiting is a result of cramping with the bowel movements. The modified diet that the vet gave me has helped with the more violent episodes but he still has digestive upsets. What really concerns me is the amount of clear mucous in his stool. This usually occurs a few minutes after a regular movement. Can anybody help?

LoisW

rainbow
April 22nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE I feel that the vomiting is a result of cramping with the bowel movements. [/QUOTE]

What did your vet say?

Prin
April 23rd, 2006, 12:32 AM
I'd say your dog has an intolerance to something in the food. Vet diets tend to be loaded with corn and sometimes chicken (rarely). I'd try a food without either.
I posted a few in another thread- post #2 of this thread http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24936

Remember to switch the foods really gradually. Reeeeeally gradually... And if it gets worse, abort the plan and head to the vet.
Good luck.