Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Naturediet?

gomez
April 22nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
We are looking for a good wet dog food to put in Gomez's kong, for treats and for when we go out... his Burns kibble just falls out!

What do we think of this one, Naturediet? There are different varieties, this is the basic one:

http://www.naturediet.net/products/index.html?cat_branch=premium/

TYPICAL ANALYSIS:
Protein: 10% Fibre: 1%
Oil: 6% Ash: 1.5%
Moisture: 75%

INGREDIENTS:
Chicken, Lamb, Tripe, Carrots Min 8%; Brown Rice Min 10%; Natural ground bone, Seaweed, Minerals, Vit A 1250 iu/kg, Vit D3 150 iu/kg, Vit E 20 mg/kg
A blend of chicken, lamb, and lamb tripe with brown rice and vegetables An excellent all round diet for dogs of all breeds and ages. Provides an average 125kcals/100g.

technodoll
April 22nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
wow that looks like fantastic food!! wish my petstore stocked it... not a chance though, we're on a different continent. sigh!

Tigger
April 22nd, 2006, 09:15 PM
Wouldn't that be comparative say to Natures Variety Prairie though?

rainbow
April 22nd, 2006, 10:48 PM
We are looking for a good wet dog food to put in Gomez's kong, for treats and for when we go out... his Burns kibble just falls out!

Why don`t you just use his regular kibble and then smear peanut butter or cheeze whiz over the hole to keep the kibble in?

Prin
April 23rd, 2006, 12:39 AM
Natural ground boneWhose bone? The cow's? The chicken's? Or Jemma's? :confused: All the formulas have it too... :yuck: If you email them and they give you a clear, straight, to the point answer about whose bone it is, then go for it. If they dodge or are vague, run away screaming like your hair is on fire.

I like merrick better: http://www.merrickpetcare.com/store/canned_dog_food.php
The Campfire trout feast is the best for this sort of job, IMO... It's a bit thicker, but a fairly even consistency...

gomez
April 23rd, 2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the responses -

rainbow, we're trying to stay away form too much peanut butter or dairy stuff with Gomez... he has such a "delicate" system that the simpler the better...

prin, thanks, I will call them tomorrow for that extra info - Merrick's along with all your other favourites, is not sold over here -

another food we have is Denes, but I cannot find an ingredient list anywhere -

and we hae Wellbeloved, but they don't make wet food, nor does Burns for that matter...

Thanks again all!

Prin
April 23rd, 2006, 09:24 PM
I forgot about that whole UK thing... :o I searched and searched, and it seems that Burns has bought out the internet... They're practically all I find around.. I haven't found any canned stuff...Sorry.