Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heavy Breathing

Lump of Kohl
April 21st, 2006, 09:06 PM
My 8-9 month old Chi will sometimes breath hard(like he is panting without his tongue hanging out). I have just noticed it recently but I am not sure if it is because the air is broken in my house(its usually a cool:evil: 75-80 inside). He doesn't seem sick(no lethargy, no loss of apetite, and no unusual behavior). I do notice when he drinks water fast or runs hard he does this hacking sneeze:confused: (makes a noise like he is about to spit phlem). Any clues? This is my first pet and my mom says I worry too much:o .

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
Hard to say... If you are really worried definitely head to the vet about it. Jemma drinks too fast when she's playing and hacks up a bunch sometimes... But that doesn't sound the same.

mummummum
April 21st, 2006, 09:48 PM
All three of my dawgs will periodically pant hard for a couple of minutes for seemingly no reason and from a respiratory standpoint they are fit as fiddles. But - as always if I'm worried about something, or something just doesn't seem right with one of them, for my own peace of mind I head to the Vet for a physically assessment - at the very least she explains to me why I have nothing - or something - to be concerned about.

Lump of Kohl
April 22nd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks. I think I may sound more worried than I am. Since I now have pets.ca as a resource I ask or research any and every question I have. He does tend to do the hacking sneeze after he has been running hard or drank a lot of water. The neigborhood kids BEG me to bring him out to play as he loves to chase them. Can't do it all the time though, he gets very over excited and jumps crazy!! Then being that he is not a cat, he doesn't always land on his feet(scared the mess out of me sliding off the grass ON HIS FACE onto the pavement...in hindsight its kinda funny)

Anyway I will call the vet.