Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Food for Jezebel....

jesse's mommy
April 21st, 2006, 05:41 PM
So, Jesse hasn't wanted to eat her food for the past two weeks without me putting Cheerios in it. She just lost her taste for it. We've been feeding her Nutro. It's a pretty good food. We haven't been able to find Solid Gold or anything along those lines here -- until the other day! We go into this little organic store around the corner from our house and what do they sell there? Wellness. They only have two flavors so I picked up one can of each to see if she liked it. The white fish which Jesse ate, but played with it for a little while first so I knew that was one that we wouldn't get on a regular basis. The other one is the chicken and sweet potato. Oh my god! Jesse loves it. Of course we went back to the store and picked up a few more cans and placed an order for an entire case. She starts jumping up and down as soon as she hears the can opener now! I was a little concerned about the cost of it, but I did the finances and it seems we will only be paying an additional $35 per year for the Wellness. This little organic place also gives a 5% discount when you order full cases, so we can get a case of 12 for $19.95. The cheapest I found it online was $20.49 plus shipping (or have to drive a long ways to pick it up and with gas prices, no thanks). So now my little baby is eating better than us. I guess she is getting the "filet mignon" treatment every night now. But you know what? She's worth it!

phoenix
April 21st, 2006, 10:04 PM
lucky Jess! What a nice mom.

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 10:07 PM
Yey! It feels good to know we're giving our doggies the best we can, eh? I like it when they eat with gusto because it's so tasty.... They're all spoiled rotten.

jesse's mommy
April 21st, 2006, 10:20 PM
She even picks up her stainless steel bowl and brings it to us looking for seconds. And I thought dogs didn't like stainless steel in their mouth. I have to tell he she's had enough and she has to wait for her next meal, but I'd be happy to give her a cubie (ice cube) to play with!