Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Bad Day

phoenix
April 21st, 2006, 05:17 PM
Well today was a bad day for poor little Maia! And I had the day at home to mark papers, too. Not much done on that front!

First, when I got up this morning, she was coughing. My first thought was Kennel Cough... Don't know, she hasn't coughed since then so we'll see, maybe she just had mucus in her throat or something. Then, she went outside with Sam for a while, I went out to check on her and saw half her face covered in blood!!! I panicked but settled down and wiped all the blood away to find she has a little cut inside her droopy eyelid. Her eye was filled with blood as well as her face. I washed her up and the cut stopped bleeding. She was happily chewing on a bone and not worried about it in the least.
Finally, later, she fell in the pool and got soaked ... over her head, too. She swam to the stairs luckily! Boy do I feel like a bad mom today... everytime I wasn't watching her, something went wrong. So then, we cuddled on the couch, her wrapped in the Mexican wool blanket, until she stopped shivering. What a little klutz!!! She's bouncing around now like nothing happened all day.

Frenchy
April 21st, 2006, 08:01 PM
Poor Maia!!The day is almost over,hope the week end goes on without any other incident.Even dogs have bad days!

jessi76
April 21st, 2006, 10:13 PM
oh no! thankfully it was nothing serious! but the blood would of scared me for sure! I probably would of passed out.

so did Maia enjoy her swim? ;)

phoenix
April 21st, 2006, 10:59 PM
hehe. no I don't think she enjoyed the swim at all. She's staying a little further from the edge now. It was a tad cool today I think...poor lass.

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 11:33 PM
Poor doggy. It's crazy how they rebound so quickly though.

meb999
April 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
hehe. no I don't think she enjoyed the swim at all. She's staying a little further from the edge now. It was a tad cool today I think...poor lass.

hehehe!! Boxers aren't known for their love of water. Buster jumped in a pool ONCE (to get his ball) and pretty much sank to the bottom. Since that happened, he won't even walk into a puddle!! Poor little Maia...they sure rebound quickly though, don't they?

phoenix
April 24th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Yes, she's fine and has quickly forgotten, I think. The pup has no fear of that pool. Thank god she didn't sink... poor Buster!!! She has been seen investigating it again, but no more swimming for the time being.

She is still coughing in the morning though. It's the strangest thing. Only when she first wakes up. Any ideas?