Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gasoline Prices

rainbow
April 21st, 2006, 04:59 PM
This is cute, check it out:

I can`t afford gasoline....www.atomfilms.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=cant_afford_gas

It`s 109.9 per litre in Castlegar, B.C. April 21/06. I wonder if we`ll be paying 1.50 a litre by this summer.:eek:

meb999
April 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
it's a dollar twenty-something here on the south shore of Montreal.(I think it was 1,22$ this morning!!) :eek: :eek:
But, honestly, and I know I'm gonna get in trouble for saying this...and mind you I'm a poor, poor, very broke student...but the fact that gas prices are so high is making research into alternatives (like electric cars and hybrids) go through the roof. People are fed up and are demanding a better, and less costly alternative to fuel. I think this'll be good for our environement in the long run. Just look at all the hybrids coming out --- They're expensive now, but they'll get more affordable as gas prices go through the roof and people start DEMANDING affordable transportation.

heidiho
April 21st, 2006, 05:07 PM
3.50 Here in Maui,i am kinda glad my car isnt here,i ride a bike to work and everywhere else,legs are lookin gooddddddddd

alajoagra
April 21st, 2006, 05:10 PM
2.49 a gallon in Seattle.... RIP OFF!

heidiho
April 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM
You know instead of spending billions of dollars sending men to the the mooon and crap lets spend it coming up with a car that needs No gasssssssssssssssssss

jawert1
April 21st, 2006, 05:26 PM
hehehe heidi, they did, and you're using it :) so am i actually, i discovered a sickening fact that it's all of 10 miles for me to ride my bike to work from home, but it's 18 miles to drive. go chiqua power! (and very glad to hear you're getting very healthy) :)

Rick C
April 21st, 2006, 05:33 PM
It's 109.5 per litre in Calgary . . . . .

It seems to be costing more to fill up the V-8 Durango and V-8 Chrysler 300C vehicles that we bought last October.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

heidiho
April 21st, 2006, 05:37 PM
First time i have been back on a bike in over 10 years,and i am hoooked,i love riding my bike.....The only reason i wish i had my car is becasue walmart,target and the good stores are on the other side of the island and he does not like to drive there

rainbow
April 21st, 2006, 05:46 PM
Hey, are prices in Canada are PER LITRE not per Gallon!!! So we`re paying close to $5.00 a gallon.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 21st, 2006, 09:40 PM
Its 1.14 at the pumps in Vernon - thank God I quit my long commute job. :D

Beaglemom
April 21st, 2006, 10:10 PM
I've seen $1.10 per litre for regular in the GTA. It is ridiculous how gas prices keep going up. I wish our salaries would go up at the same rate! It doesn't look like the prices will be coming down anytime soon.

Rick C, you are not alone. It is costing more to fill up the corvette and harley now than a year ago. The price for premium is quite expensive here too. Good thing our daily commuter (4 cylinder sunfire) is much more fuel efficient.

I'm not sure about everywhere else, but one thing that I noticed here in the GTA is that the price of gas tends to be higher in the morning rush hour and then drops slightly in the afternoon. It of course shoots right back up on weekends. I've tried to schedule my fill ups around the times that the price dips slightly.

Not looking good for boating season!

the gang
April 21st, 2006, 10:23 PM
:mad: i payed a $1.12 yesterday in hudson quebec grrrrrrr

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 10:30 PM
$1.20 or 1.19/L up in Laval... If it doesn't go down before summer, it's likely to hit at least $1.40...

On the bright side: Bring on the small cars! Hopefully, this will bring some of the selection of smaller cars they have already in Europe (I'm still waiting for the Corolla hatchback to come here..:rolleyes: ) and (I know many of you don't like it but) hopefully it'll remove some of the SUVs too.

I have to say though, I'm proud to be in Qc when it comes to cars. I think our average car size is much smaller than most cities in Canada. :thumbs up Sometimes here in traffic, you can see more than 10 cars for every minivan or SUV. Yey!!:thumbs up

jessi76
April 21st, 2006, 10:45 PM
Hey, are prices in Canada are PER LITRE not per Gallon!!! So we`re paying close to $5.00 a gallon.:eek: :eek: :eek:

omg.... I'd have to get a 3rd job.

we're up to 2.91 to 3.10 per gallon here.

I just saw on the news people are pawning their belongings to buy gas. seriously, some people are pawning their CAR RIMS to buy gas.

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 10:56 PM
The people in Europe must be laughing at us... We're still paying half of what they are, and we moan a gazillion times more... :o

AliSam
April 21st, 2006, 11:39 PM
About $1.09 here in Clarington. The SUV has not been on the road much this week. I am conserving the gas in my Honda as much as possible. So far so good, 316kms on half a tank.

Melei'sMom
April 22nd, 2006, 01:00 AM
I wish I could drive a small car! we have 4 kids, a dog and the 2 of us. and if you think gas is hitting you hard, our entire income comes from a truck. You should see how much our desiel bills have risen in the last year!! and you can bet the rates they pay the drivers haven't gone up as much. :mad:

HunterXHunter
April 22nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
around $1.09 in Toronto...very soon we'll be looking forward for gas in the 0.95-1.05 range and anything less than 0.95 deserves lining up for 1/2 an hour....:rolleyes:

Toonces
April 22nd, 2006, 11:34 AM
1.09 here in Belleville, was in Langley BC last week it was 1.16.

Hubby has a business and spends about 400.00 a week just on fuel for the vans and trucks, he has had to put his prices up just to recover some of the money for fuel

Rick C
April 22nd, 2006, 11:43 AM
The people in Europe must be laughing at us... We're still paying half of what they are, and we moan a gazillion times more... :o

Here's a neat chart . . . . . go to the bottom of the page to see the latest comparisons around the world . . . .

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/gas1.html

For further comparison, rendered to USA dollars, $1.095 CDN per litre is, I believe, about $3.62 USA in a USA gallon.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

BusterBoo
April 22nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
I live on the Quebec side and gas is $114.9......cross over to Ontario to work and it is only $1.06.9. I drive a sebring convertible and last time it cost me close to $60 to fill it!!! I wish I still had my tercel!!!!!!

Jackie467
April 22nd, 2006, 02:55 PM
I don't know where in the US it's 2.99 but I want to go there. lol. it's 3.45 a gallon here.

jesse's mommy
April 22nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
The cheapest one (87 octane) is $2.91 here. I haven't chimed in on this because I'm extremely fortunate. I have a company car and a company gas card, but I am very sympathetic to everyone. I've seen how much money Jim dumps into his car which is why I usually tell him we are taking mine. I seriously wouldn't be able to afford to go to work if I had to put the money out everyone else is. I truly truly sympathize. Hopefully it'll come back down in the next couple of years. I don't think we have any hope in the near future though. :sad:

Prin
April 23rd, 2006, 12:47 AM
Here's a neat chart . . . . . go to the bottom of the page to see the latest comparisons around the world . . . .

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/gas1.html

Wow, eh? Some are paying almost $7 US/gallon. I don't complain much (except for the initial gasp when I see the price in the morning), but I'll try to complain even less. All in all, Canada is still generally a pretty cheap place to live.

chico2
April 23rd, 2006, 09:11 AM
Well,gasprices are like death and taxes:p not a darn thing we can do about it,no use getting upset..just pay up!
Unfortunately riding a bike to go anywhere is not an option for me,I would love a Vespa,but where do I put my groceries or my IKEA-stuff:p
Our Jeep is resting for now,but just yesterday we picked up new patio-furniture and had to make 2 trips with the Jeep to get it home,6 chairs+table,still cheaper than delivery-charge:thumbs up
It's a good thing we have a second more gas-friendly car,for whipping around town,but the SUV has been a godsend on many occasions,especially in this put-it-together-yourself era!!

Rick C
April 24th, 2006, 02:17 PM
FYI . . . a good article below on global gasoline price comparisons and why some countries are higher than the USA and some are lower.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12452503/

On another note, its amusing to observe that while we're worried about Iran cutting off its oil supply or choking off the Persian Gulf, that country actually has gasoline rationing in effect and recently tightened those restrictive measures.

Iran produces a lot of oil but has very little refining capacity.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Rottielover
April 24th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I do not bother complaining, it really does no good, but I have been driving alot less now....

BMDLuver
April 24th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Lol, yesterday I filled up the van and was expecting it to click around $45, I made it over $70. Hadn't paid any attention to the price until that point. sigh

rainbow
April 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM
FYI . . . a good article below on global gasoline price comparisons and why some countries are higher than the USA and some are lower.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12452503/

Rick...you beat me to it. I was going to post the same article.:D

Gawd, if Venezuela wasn`t such a scary place, I think I`d move there.:rolleyes: It`s the damn taxes in Canada that screws us.:eek:

erykah1310
April 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Just wish i would have taken this into consideration last year before dumping a ton of money upgrading a V6 Firebird to a 305 Camaro:( I was figuring that now that i was 25 I could afford insurance!!!
That car ended up being one of the worst moves I ever made!!!!! Instead of a trip into Sudbury (45 minutes ) and back costing little over $10 in gas, it now will run me easily upto $20 !!! I swear it costs $5 to start it!!!!
I am truely thankful that my profession doenst require me to drive a truck or haul a trailer!!! But as many have said before me on this thread we are just gonna have to get used to it, and for me sadly... My dream car is put on hold again (take it off the road for a few years) Too rediculous to keep it insured and drive it with the price of everything. For now atleast!!!:mad: