Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

unbearable pain

jr419803
April 21st, 2006, 11:42 AM
My 12 year old miniture poodle midnight passed away last night. I am in such pain and feel like i can not get through this. I dont want to have to go home and not see her there. She became very sick the last two days and i knew it was time. I just can't seem to except it. I keep picturing those eyes of hers. I loved her so deeply. I truly do not know how to go along without her. I never thought of this happening i guess i blocked it out of my mind for quite a long time. I wanted her to be here forever. Everyday is going to be a struggle for me. To have to get up and pass where she lay and remember all the great times we had with her. I am so sad and wish i could turn back the hands of time.

JG
RIP Midnight

BusterBoo
April 21st, 2006, 12:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss....and there is nothing I can say or do to help you through this tearable pain. Just know that your midnight is in a painfree place now.

One day memories of your midnight will bring a smile to your face, that only you will understand.

Your are in my prayers

:sorry:

mummummum
April 21st, 2006, 01:09 PM
I'm so very sorry - Midnight was wonderfully blessed to have had some who loved her so dearly and completely as do you.

Luvmypit
April 21st, 2006, 04:27 PM
You can ask your vet about pet bereavement organizations that can get you through these difficult time.

I know how it feels, its an awful thing! But one day some other beautiful animal will need you to be their mom/dad and you will again feel the same joy. Of course you will NEVER forget those precious eyes and never ending devotion to you. Midnight was so lucky to have some one who cared so much. God Bless you! You are not alone.

chico2
April 21st, 2006, 04:37 PM
I am very sorry,it's a great loss:sad:
Give yourself time to grieve,let the tears flow,it will take time before you don't imagine Midnight everywhere,but with time you'll remember her for the wonderful dog she was and smile.
Your heart will mend,although it feels right now like it never will.
Midnight is at peace and very happy for the love you gave her for so many years,she'll be with you in spirit,until you are ready to let go:love:

glasslass
April 22nd, 2006, 12:34 AM
I'm glad you found this forum. Everyone here truly understands the pain you're in now. I wish I could give you a hug. This is the down side of having and loving fur babies. But the 12 years you had together were sooo worth it. It will get easier, trust me, but I know it won't be soon. From experience, talking with other understanding friends really helps. I'd love to see a picture of Midnight. I'm assuming she was black.

PunkMaister
April 22nd, 2006, 10:29 AM
I'm really, really :sorry: for your loss.
It does get a bit easier with time but the pain of the loss never really completly goes away. :(
May the lord keep you, may he lift his divine countenace upon you and give you peace.

I'm sure Midnight is along with my beloved Kenny and all other beloved pets that have passed away. Waiting for us until we all see each other in the place where shadows don't fall.:angel:

jr419803
April 23rd, 2006, 11:50 AM
Thank you all for your great words. It is very hard.

Lucky Rescue
April 24th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm so very sorry for your pain. Midnight was a lucky girl to have so much love.

Milo_we _miss_U
May 13th, 2006, 01:09 AM
I'm so sorry. I too lost my baby Milo and in my time of grief I found this website. There's a Monday night candle ceremony to pray for all the pets who have enter Rainbow Bridge.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/

Mishkamax
May 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM

I'm so sorry, it will get easier, and this site really helped me after Max went to sleep, people were so kind. I wrote about Max and posted in the Pet cemetry, it helped me very much. You don't feel so silly about how you feel when you realise everyone here is hurting too. Max was on the site for quite a time, and I absolutely dreaded when he would eventually be no longer be there as more people's friends would take his place, it kept him alive for me, its been nearly two months and its getting a little better and it will for you too. Just remember that you did the right thing and loved and helped your Midnight to the very end, and that's all we can really do.

Take care, I wish I could hug the pain away from you, Ramona

cpietra16
May 13th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I have lost many furbabies in my 46 years and each one was hard. All I can say to you is that live through this painfull time and cry as much as you need to, but in time the sadness will turn to smiles and then each memory will make you smile. You will always miss them.

CyberKitten
May 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I too have lost pets over the years and it has been a tough time. Think about the happy memories you have enjoyed with Midnight to help you get through this. There are grief counsellors now for people who lose pets - is that an option where you live? Your vet may know.

Take care!