Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New puppy

spanielmom
April 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM
Yesterday we adopted a new pup. The lady we adopted her from rescued the mom and dad from a backyard breeder only to find out mom was pregnant. Dad has been neutered and mom will be very soon. There were only two pups in the litter and we adopted the female. We met the parents a week ago and wow are they ever wonderful dogs..probably happy to have a wonderful new chance at life!! Dad is a 4 pound yorkie and mom is a 7 pound Bichon. We were looking for a cocker pup and by chance I met this wonderful lady and she told me her story. I never thought Id be a small breed dog owner but she is a sweetheart and an absolute angel. The other two dogs arent sure what to think. Charlee my cocker thinks we brought him a new battery operated toy I think, Sadie thinks she mysteriously had a puppy..very nurturing!! I will share pics later on today of Darla. We are quite pleased with her and I cant wait to show her off. We are getting professional pics taken tonight and Charlee is busy being bathed right now so he can look spectacular for his photo shoot also..hehe.

Dawn

Frenchy
April 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
Ahhh,they must be so cute all of them together,can't wait to see pictures:)

Beaglemom
April 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM
Congratulations on the new family member! I too can't wait to see the pics!

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 01:45 PM
ooo professional pics... I can't wait! Congrats on the pup! :)

spanielmom
April 21st, 2006, 02:06 PM
Here are some "non" professional pics that I took today!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/sweetr72ca/puppy040.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/sweetr72ca/puppy039.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/sweetr72ca/puppy035.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/sweetr72ca/puppy032.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/sweetr72ca/puppy029.jpg

She is toooo cute and loves her new home...Charlee is having a bit harder time adjusting..he was mammas boy!! He still is he just dosent know it!!

Dawn

Beaglemom
April 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM
She's sooooo cute!

Maxine
April 21st, 2006, 02:55 PM
that puppy is so cute! congrats to you and I wish you the best!:thumbs up

mummummum
April 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM
Now that JUST not playing nice...posting those sweeeeeeeeeet babypuppysquwooshykissyface pictures. What a cutie! Lucky you - Pleeeez post more pictures. If I can't have one, I can at least live vicariously. Awwwww...sigh...puppy breath.

chico2
April 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
OMG,how can you get anything done with that little cutie in the house,she is an absolute sweetie.
The pic with your Cocker is priceless:love:

rainbow
April 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM
Ditto Ditto Ditto.....she is soooooo CUTE :angel:

phoenix
April 21st, 2006, 04:21 PM
love the nose to nose pic!

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 09:18 PM
Super cutie!:)

jesse's mommy
April 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM
I just want to bite her little ears. She's so cute.

spanielmom
April 21st, 2006, 11:28 PM
OH im laughing reading all your posts.......thanks for the nice and funny comments!! I have done next to nothing with her here!! I cant get enough of her. Got me a Paris Hilton style purse to carry her in..lol...now if I could only get the body to go with it!!!!!! I am so in love with her!! She is very smart too..I know we all think our dogs are the smartest but man she really is super smart! I will get more pics when the rain clears up..looks like its here for the weekend though.

Dawn

Prin
April 22nd, 2006, 12:20 AM
Got me a Paris Hilton style purse to carry her in..lol...now if I could only get the body to go with it!!!!!! I am so in love with her!! She is very smart too..Really? Paris Hilton, smart? Oh- you meant the dog. :D

joeysmama
April 22nd, 2006, 12:32 AM
Oh my goodness. The picture of your two pups nose to nose is priceless !! :love: And the picture just after that, of that sweet baby peering over the edge of her itty basket. Way too cute !!!

AliSam
April 22nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
It looks like that Cocker is trying to figure out what she is. She is soooo cute!

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2006, 03:58 PM
only one word;CUTE!I love the one with both of them,like she's saying;Hello big boy!Am I just the cutest you ever seen?

spanielmom
April 23rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. I am having a ball with this girl. She has made her way into our bed at night too. In fact there isnt anywhere I go that Darla isnt with me I dont think.

LMBO about the wording of my Paris Hilton post....NO I am not in love with Paris nor do I think she is smart :crazy: tooooooooooooooo funny!!! I tend to have run on sentances when Im excited lol....

Dawn

cpietra16
April 23rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
too too too cute...OMG.....more please.....pictures that is:p

Bushfire2000
April 23rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
Ditto the Dittos more pics please. How very cute !!

Cinnabear
April 24th, 2006, 12:51 AM
What a cute pup. Congrats.:crazy:

dlp8945
April 24th, 2006, 07:45 PM
What a beautiful little puppy. She's a very lucky little girl.
Donna:pawprint: