Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi, New :)

Bonnie S
April 21st, 2006, 10:31 AM
Hi,

I'm Bonnie and I am owned by a 2.5 yr old male Shiba Inu named Sushi. We also have 2 cat and 3 gerbils, so it's a regular zoo in our household.

I'm also the Organizer for The Toronto Shiba Inu Meetup Group ***************** We meet on a monthly basis at various parks across the Greater Toronto Area, it is a lot of fun.

About a month ago, a local rescue group called Speaking of Dogs contacted me regarding a 9 yr old female Shiba Inu that had just been surrendered to a shelter. To make a long story short, one of our meetup members fostered Yoshi, then another member adopted her :)

Because of Yoshi, Shiba Rescue GTA has been born. We are still in the beginning stages, but we do have a website *********************************** We currently have 2 Shibas looking for homes.

As you can see, I love my pets, love Shibas and know a lot of people who feel the same way. I am very fortunate to know this extended family.

I hope to share success stories, as well as ask and give advice, especially regarding rescue.

Thanks for allowing me to join :)

Bonnie & Sushi

Maxine
April 21st, 2006, 11:58 AM
Hi Bonnie! I really like what you are doing! I am myself a foster home for cats via an non profit organization in Montreal and I like the feeling of doing something good for those animals I love so much! I just want to wish you good luck for your new rescue organization and I hope you will inspire a lot of people in your neighborhood and all over Canada!