Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitty help, please

Tara&Darcy
December 21st, 2003, 01:49 PM
Hello,

My husband and I are living in Busan, South Korea. We bought a cat back in June. We found out she is a Turkish Angora. She is happy and healthy and we got her, her first shots late. As, it is difficult to find a vet here that has cat vaccinations. Anyways, two weeks ago we got another kitten. A stray almost from a sorta shelter here in Busan. The kitten sneezes and her eyes and nose run, but that has gotten better. I researched alot and found that it is more than likely they both have the herpes virus. But now, we took or cat's to the vet this weekend and they each got a shot and meds (pills) to take. As well as our Turkish Angora (Kgu) and the Korean Kitty (Zanie) have a couple lesions, like red bumps, one above one eye on each cat. So, we got cream for that. The question I have, after all that babbling is now Kgu's one eye (not the one with the red lil lesion, rash) is red and oozing yellow discharge and a bit of red as well. She is squinting that eye. I am concerned as it is very difficult to communicate with the Vet in a Foreign language. Should this go away? Or is this something we need to be really concerned about. Thank you for any help!!

Tara

Lucky Rescue
December 21st, 2003, 04:03 PM
Oozing eyes, runny noses and sneezing are usually indicative of an upper respiratory infection - very common in cats and often appearing if the animal is stressed.

They will need meds for this problem. Don't know what the red bump is.