Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Doggy Depression Question

christina23559
April 20th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Okay, so I have read all of the posts for Grapeshines dog Thumper, and it didn't quite answer my question, so I am hoping that you all can help as well.

Here is the story: My 6 year old Yorkie Nick, goes thru this "episode" every year around this same time. He gets really mopey and seems very depressed, getting into scraps with our Pug. We also have taken him to the vet and had blood work done and had him all checked out, and we have done this for numerous years in a row. Our vet says that he can't seem to find anything wrong with Nick and that perhaps it's just the season's changing. His eating is the same and his movements are all consistent but if you get his favorite toy out he gets excited and is full of energy, for a bit. He has added two things to his repertoire of symptoms this year, he has started drinking a LOT more water, and he is now vomiting from time to time. All his vaccines are current, and there haven't been any changes in his life, same food, same home, no new trips to the groomers, etc.

If you can offer some advice, please do.

Thank you so much,
Christina

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Have you been to the vet this year? The new symptoms might be something else (i.e. kidney issues or diabetes).

Do you have any changes around this time of year? Slight changes in routine that you probably don't notice too much can affect a dog a lot...

christina23559
April 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
No, we haven't been this year, but each year we go, our vet says, its the same thing, we have been 4 years in a row, and I am just a little hesitant to spend another 50 bucks to have the vet say, He is fine. But if it continues I will call and schedule an appointment.

No nothing in our lives change at all, we lead the exact same life year around. The only changes would be seasonal, like weeds coming up, or the grass growing more, trees sprouting leaves. Same thing every year, nothing really new. No changes in food, or amount of attention (he is mommy's little angel, so he is spoiled rotten) or change in pets. We are very cautious to not upset his routine much.

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Honestly, I'd go, if not just for the vomiting and increased water intake. Better to be safe than sorry...

t.pettet
April 20th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Perhaps your present vet is missing something, why not try a 2nd. opinion somewhere else.