Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

News item clains pit bull attacked....but look at the dog

Luvmypit
April 20th, 2006, 12:46 PM
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/8847802/detail.html?subid=22100444&qs=1;bp=t

Read the story and then look at the pic. Even having a pic not just hear say and still its a pit bull.

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 12:47 PM
My god! What the hey is that?! Even I know that's not a pitty!

Luvmypit
April 20th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I couldn't believe it. The dog is not even close.

Incredible to say the least.

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't even be able to begin to identify what breed this guy is... He is kinda oogly, and the crosseyes don't help him much...:o

Luvmypit
April 20th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Kinda has a gargoyle face.

Anyone know what breed this is? I can see body wise and little in the face a Dogue and maybe mastif. I am so not good with breeds.

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 01:05 PM
It's hard to tell because his fur is so dull and he looks so uncared for-- Whatever he is, even without the attack, he wouldn't have lived long, IMO...

Rottielover
April 20th, 2006, 01:33 PM
he looks like a mix of the mastifs, and possibly cane corso, Based on the ear crop,

Skryker
April 20th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I don't see any pittie there. Mastiff, yes. My first thought looking at the face and ears was Shar Pei. Shar Pei/Mastiff cross?

Why did the adult watching the toddler let him go up to a strange dog tied to a post anyways?

Poor puppy! None of this was his fault-his "breeding", his socializing, being unattended in a park, having a kid walk up to him-but he will pay the ultimate price for people being thoughtless. Another horrible media moment for pit bulls, when he isn't even one. And the poor little boy will carry scars physical and emotional because people just don't think. :sad: Sorry for the rant, but I hate when things like this happen. So easily avoidible.

jesse's mommy
April 20th, 2006, 03:20 PM
He kinds of looks like Butch the dog in the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
TOTALLY!! He's just missing the underbite (and he probably doesn't walk on two feet..)

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
April 20th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Looks like a puppymill bred French Mastiff. I really wish they'd quit calling everything with four legs and a tail a "pit bull."

heidiho
April 20th, 2006, 05:53 PM
That is a funky lookin dog.................Looks like what inbreeding would do

seeker
April 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM
An unfortunet story , another careless owner Oh So willing to have his dog put down so he can no doubt go out and get another one , untrain it the same as he did with this one and hope the new one will be nicer .
The media takes a "hit" on this one , calling a dog that looks like that a pitbull only serves to make them look dumber than they already do look.

twodogsandacat
April 20th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Bryant: It has short hair, two ears and a tail. Yep, that's a pitbull.

happycats
April 20th, 2006, 09:14 PM
OMG he does look like the bugs bunny dog!!! He looks Mastiff Boxer.

Prin
April 21st, 2006, 01:28 AM
Well, here's a twist: I emailed the source of the article and I got a pretty quick response saying that the dog was identified as a pitty by both the police AND THE OWNER! Can you believe that? Talk about knowing your own dog.:confused: :rolleyes:

chico2
April 21st, 2006, 06:45 AM
I look at that face and body and just see sadness,certainly a X-breed gone wrong:sad:
Yes,he's ugly,but no less a dog..certainly not a Pit..
I am sorry for the poor little boy,but..
Was this dog a truly aggressive dog,this baby would be seriously hurt..my son was once bitten by a chained up German Shepard,luckily not seriously,but the dog was not put down..my son(and I) learned an important lesson,never approach a chained up dog.

Invicta
April 21st, 2006, 06:53 AM
Unfortunately, the owner probably picked him up on a street somewhere and gave another guy $20 for the dog. The guy who sold him the pup probably said it was a pittty.

I can see myself saying to him as a pup "OMG you're so ugly you're cute!"

And yes...he does look like the dog from Bugs Bunny.

Watchdog
April 21st, 2006, 01:22 PM
It looks more like a Presa Canario (canary dog) to me.

Lagana77
April 28th, 2006, 05:09 PM
It doesn't matter the dog could be a mixture of anything but because it bit someone ( feel sorry for the boy) it's a pit I have a red nose pitt and he doesn't look anything like that.And who lets their child go near a strange dog anyway!