Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Eye ooze / Droncit Question

Klainn
April 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I recently adopted a cat that had been at the shelter for a good long time (1 year +). When I got her she had a small bit of drainage under her left eye. The eye itself is fine, she can see and doesn't seem to cause her any sort of discomfort. It looks like some gooey tears and sometimes looks like blood tears. She will be going to the vet soon, but wanted to know if others might know what this is and if there's something I can do to help clear it up.

Also, she has recently showed that she has a tapeworm. I see the small segments near her rear every so often. I've heard that a lot of Vets use Droncit for de-worming and would like to know if anyone else has had a cat recently take this pill and what the possible side effects would be. I'm sure she wouldn't mind a bit of of the runs to get rid of those things, but don't want to put her through too much if the drug has limited success.

Thanks much.

Lucky Rescue
April 19th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Droncit is a very safe and effective tapeworm medication. It has virtually no side effects. Tapeworms are common and are easy to get rid of, but you must get rid of them.

My cats have taken Droncit whenever necessary.

AdoptionPalace
April 20th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Sometimes an upper respiratory infection in cats can show up at first as eye drainage. It's often seen when adopting from shelters; as is kennel cough in dogs. Does your cat cough at all? Sometimes the cough resembles a hair-ball cough. Otherwise talk to the vet about it.

Klainn
April 20th, 2006, 05:54 PM
No cough. Aside from the worm trouble she seems in perfect health. She's happy and has quite a bit of energy. She likes to entertain company too.