Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New here. Cat is throwing up need help

mystikraz
April 19th, 2006, 02:31 PM
My cat keeps throwing up bile. Its not food or hairballs its just bile. She throws up everyday sometimes twice a day. Does anyone know why she might be doing this? I left a message for my vet but I also wanted to research this some on my own.

Thanks ahead of time if anyone can help.

Mel

jessi76
April 19th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I'm VERY glad to hear you already have a call into your vet, but no one here is going to know WHY your cat is throwing up. We don't have any info.

only a vet can diagnose a problem. It could be a medical issue, or it could be as simple as changing the brand of food you feed. Have a checkup at the vet first to rule out medical problems.

mystikraz
April 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM
She just had blood work done and an xray a couple months ago. I know nobody can diagnose her I was just curious if anyone elses cat does this?

Im taking her at 6pm today to get checked out.

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Not sure about cats but in dogs, when their stomachs are too empty, they throw up bile...

mystikraz
April 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Not sure about cats but in dogs, when their stomachs are too empty, they throw up bile...

Thank you. She doesnt eat that much. Maybe that is why.

Lucky Rescue
April 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM
A cat who is vomiting twice a day definitely must see a vet.

Unless you are starving her, it's not becuase her stomach is empty.

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 07:09 PM
See, I don't know cats too well.. :o :sorry:

mystikraz
April 19th, 2006, 08:17 PM
A cat who is vomiting twice a day definitely must see a vet.

Unless you are starving her, it's not becuase her stomach is empty.

yeah thats what my vet said. I couldnt get her there today but shes going tomorrow. She said it could be a serious problem but shes not sure yet. I hope its nothing serious. Shes been doing it for a long time. I have two other cats and they just throw up hairballs but shes different. I have told my vet before and she didnt act like it was too serious but I mentioned it to her again and told me I needed to bring her in.

I will let you all know what I find out.

Thanks for all the help.

mystikraz
April 19th, 2006, 08:18 PM
See, I don't know cats too well.. :o :sorry:

Thats ok I appreciate you trying to help. :)

armycats
April 25th, 2006, 11:35 AM
My cat has been throwing up just bile as well for the last few days. It's not all the time, when I think he's getting better, it happens again, and he hides for most of the day, and then will resurface later on. He's still moving slow, and eating very little. He's acting just like anyone with the flu, is it possible he could have gotten a virus, or did he get into something he shouldn't have around the house?:confused:

Lucky Rescue
April 25th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Your cat is hiding, vomiting and barely eating. He needs a vet NOW.

He could have been poisoned, caught a fatal disease, or have an intestinal blockage. All these things will kill your cat, so take him today.

Prin
April 25th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Your cat is hiding, vomiting and barely eating. He needs a vet NOW.

He could have been poisoned, caught a fatal disease, or have an intestinal blockage. All these things will kill your cat, so take him today.
I agree!! Head to the vet ASAP.