Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Riddle me this...

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 01:06 PM
A man is sitting in a pub feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull a wad of $50 bills out of his wallet.
He turns to the rich man and says to him,
"I have an amazing talent: I know almost every song that has ever existed."
The rich man laughs.
The poor man says, "I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a genuine song with a lady's name of your choice in it."
The rich man laughs again and says, "Ok how about my daughters name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller."
The rich man goes home poor. The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

Luvmypit
April 19th, 2006, 01:32 PM
no idea. lol

Anyone?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 19th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I know they wrote that song about me too.
:D

joeysmama
April 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I love these riddles but I'm dying to know the answer ! When do we find out ??

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I love these riddles but I'm dying to know the answer ! When do we find out ??

aww...don't up so easily!!! Tell that hamster to get back on the wheel! :p j/k :crazy:

jawert1
April 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM
teehee i know it i know it! happy birthday!!

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 02:24 PM
teehee i know it i know it! happy birthday!!

:thumbs up good job

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Next....

sticker bum
sticker sticker bum bum
sticker sticker sticker bum bum bum

joeysmama
April 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM
OH man !! (slaps forehead !!)

Ok, the sticker bum one. Is that another riddle? Are we supposed to guess what comes next. The obvious would be :

sticker sticker sticker sticker, bum bum bum bum

So I'm certain that's not it. OK, how about just a hint. Or can you tell us if it's a sequence or something else.

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 05:07 PM
hehe, sorry, maybe I didn't my self clear. You're not suppose to guess what comes next, but rather, what it's suppose to be:

sticker bum
sticker sticker bum bum
sticker sticker sticker bum bum bum

what am I?

Dogastrophe
April 19th, 2006, 05:31 PM
you're a Bumper Sticker ..... or rather a bum per sticker :pawprint:

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
you're a Bumper Sticker ..... or rather a bum per sticker :pawprint:

yay!

ok...another one:

Eight and five, last name and given,
We are one six six six even;
The first in cow, the last in oxen
Three in damsel, three in vixen.

What are we called?

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Roman Numerals.

joeysmama
April 19th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Alright I have one. A man leaves his apartment every morning for work. He takes the elevator directly to the lobby and hails a cab.

When he returns home he gets on the elevator and begins to ride up. If he is alone he gets out on the 5th floor and takes the stairs the rest of the way. If he has a companion on the elevator he rides it to his floor.

You may ask yes or no questions only. However, I think that this is too easy compared to the others and I doubt that there will be any questions.

PS--even after raingirls answer I had to puzzle out the roman numeral one. Sheesh !! Can you believe I was ever responsible for the intellectual development of other humans.:rolleyes:

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Alright I have one. A man leaves his apartment every morning for work. He takes the elevator directly to the lobby and hails a cab.

When he returns home he gets on the elevator and begins to ride up. If he is alone he gets out on the 5th floor and takes the stairs the rest of the way. If he has a companion on the elevator he rides it to his floor.

You may ask yes or no questions only. However, I think that this is too easy compared to the others and I doubt that there will be any questions.

PS--even after raingirls answer I had to puzzle out the roman numeral one. Sheesh !! Can you believe I was ever responsible for the intellectual development of other humans.:rolleyes:

You forgot: He rides all the way up when it rains, because he can use the umbrella to poke the buttons. Why? He's short. :thumbs up

Raingirl is correct on the Roman Numerals. For those of you who are puzzled as to why it is so, here's the reason:

The last name has eight letters (NUMERALS) while the first or given name has five (ROMAN). Using each of the numerals once gives MDCLXVI (1000, 500, 100, 50, 10, 5, and 1 respectively), which is 1,666. C ( which is found in Cow) is first of the seven in the alphabet while X ( which is found in oXen) is last. Three of seven are found in DaMseL. Three are also found in VIXen.

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 06:39 PM
I seriously doubt many of you (if at all) will get this:

To the idiot, I am comfort.
To the unknowning, I spy on you.
To the world, I have spread like a virus.
To many, I have control.
To most, I am all you know.

What am I?

jesse's mommy
April 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM
A Smile???

(God knows I need one today. It was a very very very bad day.)

Dogastrophe
April 19th, 2006, 07:23 PM

To many, I have control.

What am I?

MS Windows, says the guy who is buying a Mac. ;)

joeysmama
April 19th, 2006, 07:32 PM
To many, I have control.

Ignorance ?? Or am I getting too deep?

raingirl
How about this?

To the bold, I am a weapon;
To the gallant, I am a pin;
To the gracious, I am a service;
To the bridesmaid, I am a win.

To the traitor, I am a bribe;
To the star, I am a screen;
To the swift, I am an arrow;
To the bride, I am a dream.

What am I?

HunterXHunter
MS Windows, says the guy who is buying a Mac. ;)

OMG...I'm banning Dogastrophe from this thread :p

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 07:33 PM
How about this?

To the bold, I am a weapon;
To the gallant, I am a pin;
To the gracious, I am a service;
To the bridesmaid, I am a win.

To the traitor, I am a bribe;
To the star, I am a screen;
To the swift, I am an arrow;
To the bride, I am a dream.

What am I?

Silver :thumbs up

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM
and this:

There are 5 houses in 5 different colours. In each house lives a person of a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. Using the clues below can you determine who owns the fish?

The Brit lives in a red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
The green house owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the house right in the middle drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blend lives next door to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next door to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.

jesse's mommy
April 19th, 2006, 07:40 PM
My brain is so not functioning tonight. I usually love these things too, but I've had such a horrible day that not even brain teasers are cheering me up. :(

Dogastrophe
April 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
The German owns the fish

Dogastrophe
April 19th, 2006, 07:56 PM
A person is in a room with 3 lights. They are currently turned off. The light switches are all off and in a different room. The person cannot see the lights from the room with the switches. By going into the switch room once, how can the person determine which switch goes with which light?

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 08:45 PM
You people are hurting me...

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 09:16 PM
The German owns the fish

Why?

A person is in a room with 3 lights. They are currently turned off. The light switches are all off and in a different room. The person cannot see the lights from the room with the switches. By going into the switch room once, how can the person determine which switch goes with which light?

Turn on 1 light and after 5 min turn it off. Turn on a different light and immediately run to the other room.

The light you just turned on is...well...the light you just turned on.
The one with the warm light bulb is the one you turned on for 5 min.
The last one is trivial...:D

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 09:36 PM
A man is driving down a road listening to the radio. All of the sudden the radio goes quiet and he drives off a cliff. Why?

20 questions.

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM
There are 5 houses in 5 different colours. In each house lives a person of a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. Using the clues below can you determine who owns the fish? I used to love doing these! But I need the graph laid out before me, and that just ain't happening tonight.

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 09:47 PM

To many, I have control.

What am I?
Did we ever get the answer to this one??

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 09:49 PM
A man is driving down a road listening to the radio. All of the sudden the radio goes quiet and he drives off a cliff. Why? Because his engine cut out on him and, along with it, so did the power steering & power brakes? :confused:

Or...

He had a stroke and lost consciouness?? :confused:

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 09:49 PM
the answer was "Windows" (as in the Microsoft operating system)

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 09:51 PM
the answer was "Windows" (as in the Microsoft operating system)
So .... then .... Hunter was calling me an idiot?? :eek:

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Because his engine cut out on him and, along with it, so did the power steering & power brakes? :confused:

Or...

He had a stroke and lost consciouness?? :confused:

nope. (to make it faster, it had nothing to do with the car)

HunterXHunter
April 19th, 2006, 10:02 PM
So .... then .... Hunter was calling me an idiot?? :eek:

Do you find comfort in it? :D

Raingirl: does have something to do with what he heard on the radio? Something along the lines of a natural disaster or meteorite? And the host is signing off to go seek shelter and so the driver decides to take his own life rather than get killed by whatever it is coming his way?

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Do you find comfort in it? :D A heck of a lot more than I find in DOS! :p

Raingirl: does have something to do with what he heard on the radio? Something along the lines of a natural disaster or meteorite? And the host is signing off to go seek shelter and so the driver decides to take his own life rather than get killed by whatever it is coming his way? Holy Geez! How the heck do you people figure this stuff out so fast?! I'm beginning to think that "idiot" label just might be appropriate after all! :crazy:

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Raingirl: does have something to do with what he heard on the radio? Something along the lines of a natural disaster or meteorite? And the host is signing off to go seek shelter and so the driver decides to take his own life rather than get killed by whatever it is coming his way?

Nope. Has nothing to do with what what actually being said on the radio.

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Did he fall asleep?

meb999
April 19th, 2006, 10:58 PM
ooooooooooo I know I know!!! Pick me!!!!

The man was a dj. He wanted to kill his wife.So he figured he'd put on a record, go home kill his wife, and he'd have the perfect alibi : he was at work. On his way back from killing his wife, the music on the radio stopped, he realised his alibi wouldn't work and commited suicide!!

shannonRN
April 20th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I just came in on this thread. And now you guys went and gave me a brain aneurysm. Thanks a lot.

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 10:13 AM

The man was a dj. He wanted to kill his wife.So he figured he'd put on a record, go home kill his wife, and he'd have the perfect alibi : he was at work. On his way back from killing his wife, the music on the radio stopped, he realised his alibi wouldn't work and commited suicide!!
That's just nutty. It's probably right, but how you got all that from one sentence, is beyond me... I think I'd better stick with pets... **slowly backs out of thread**

Writing4Fun
April 20th, 2006, 12:20 PM
That's just nutty... Nutty ... and a little scary. Not only coming up with that very elaborate theory, but also being so excited about it! :eek: :crazy: :p

Prin
April 20th, 2006, 12:22 PM
lol like those "ex" serial killers and criminals that help the FBI figure out stuff? :crazy: :evil: Or maybe she's Allison Dubois.:D

meb999
April 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Nutty ... and a little scary. Not only coming up with that very elaborate theory, but also being so excited about it! :eek: :crazy: :p

LOL!!!!
I'd heard the riddle before...that's how I knew....

Dogastrophe
April 20th, 2006, 04:01 PM
A man is driving down a road listening to the radio. All of the sudden the radio goes quiet and he drives off a cliff. Why?

20 questions.

I think the driver died

raingirl
April 22nd, 2006, 11:28 AM

OMG! You are the first person I have ever met that knows that one!! Hehee!

The way I know it is that he pre-taped his show, but it stopped early, but same idea.

Whoo hoo!

raingirl
April 22nd, 2006, 11:33 AM
Here is one:

"The word 'FACETIOUSLY' contains the six vowels, A-E-I-O-U and Y, in their alphabetical order. Can you find another English word that does the same?"

HunterXHunter
April 22nd, 2006, 04:31 PM
Here is one:

"The word 'FACETIOUSLY' contains the six vowels, A-E-I-O-U and Y, in their alphabetical order. Can you find another English word that does the same?"

abstemiously
adventitiously
autoeciously
:D

meb999
April 24th, 2006, 08:32 PM
ok, another one:

It's more powerful than God.
It's more evil than the devil.
The poor have it.
The rich need it.
If you eat it, you'll die.