Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toronto Humane Society and Brig's Law - Please Read

starr
April 19th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I realize this is a forum for dogs and cats but I remember someone had posted about Brigadier, the dear Belgian police horse that was struck down by a negligent driver. There is a proposed amendment to the Criminal Code of Canada called "Brig's Law" which will afford service animals like Brig, a measure of legal justice. Apparently there is no law currently and basically the person who caused Brig's death literally got away with murder.

If you want to sigh the petition to enact this amendment, here is the link.

Please sign and consider sending the information to others in your email list. If you know of any good horse chats, let me know and I'll post this there too, or you can help me out and do it. :thumbs up

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/brigs_law.html

(And for those of you who don't know about the story and related problems, there is a link on this page that describes what hapened and will allow you to read the letter to PM Harper.)

happycats
April 19th, 2006, 01:13 PM
It's definitely a worthy cause!! Service animals (all animals really) need better protection, and hopefully by signing, they will finally get it!!

Signed, sealed, delivered (sent) ..........:)

Skryker
April 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Completely signed and the link emailed out!:thumbs up

starr
April 25th, 2006, 12:30 PM
So others have a chance to read it. If any of you know of other Canadian forums I could take it to, horse or otherwise, please let me know.

Starr

rainbow
April 25th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Signed :thumbs up and sent link to all my email buddies.