Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New puppy won't eat!!

sweett
April 19th, 2006, 10:36 AM
My nephews just moved in with me, and their puppy is sick. She seems depressed, and will only take water. I'm worried that the move may have upset her (a 7 hour drive with plenty of puppy stops for her!), and that she's pining for home. She hasn't had any of her shots (I have an appt for her for the 1st of the month, payday for me) for a vet visit, but am really worried about her. She has thrown up twice, and only comes out of her little corner (she hides behind the corner of the couch) when one of us calls her. She seems afraid of the new house and won't play with the other dogs. Is she homesick or really ailing from something? Please help, my nephew loves this puppy, and it's the only thing he really has that's his own right now.:(

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM
If you love this puppy, you can't wait till the 1st. That's a long time for a sick puppy to wait.

rainbow
April 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I agree...take the puppy to the vet right away. Most vets will give you payment options. Please let us know how you make out.:pawprint:

Lucky Rescue
April 19th, 2006, 12:29 PM
With no vaccinations, a puppy is left unprotected and can get parvo, distemper or other serious, contagious and fatal diseases.

You need to take her to the vet right now. IF this is a vet you have been for awhile, I'm sure they would work out a payment arrangement.

Loving the puppy is not enough, and your nephew should have had her vaccinated. If he can't afford even that, he shouldn't have a dog, as they are expensive.