Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Searching For My Birth Father - Dryden, ON

Copper'sMom
April 19th, 2006, 01:06 AM
It's a long shot but...........
I know there are a few members on this board from Northern Ontario, I was just wondering if any of them might be from this area? It's close to the border of Ontario and Manitoba. There's another town as well - Kenora. My Dad may be in Dryden or Kenora.

Long story short -

I do have his phone number. His wife always answers the phone and never lets me speak to him. She's an evil woman - not worth wasting my time typing about her and all her shinanigans.

I haven't seen my dad since I was 10 years old - that was 19 years ago! I haven't talked to him in about 8 years. I don't have an address, and I'm looking for one in hopes that someday, I can make the trip to see him in person and confront him and his wife so I can have closure on our "relationship" - the non-existent one. I need to hear it from HIM, not his wife. For all I know, he may have no idea that I've been trying to get in touch with him.

I had a bad dream last night about him and it was very upsetting to me. I called today and of course spoke to his wife. Same bullcrap 8 years later. I hate her - and there's only 2 people in this world I hate, HER and M. Bryant.

shannonRN
April 19th, 2006, 03:42 AM
I sure wish I could help you. Having something like this weigh on you your whole life is not a healthy thing to experience and I admire you for having the courage to try to find closure. It's more than I can say about myself & my mother. I sincerely wish you luck in your search.

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 06:54 AM
I'm going to send you a pm.

happycats
April 19th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Awww Copper's mom:grouphug:

What if you got someone else to call (with call blocking *67) and got them to ask for him specifically? then hand the phone to you when he gets on?
I know it sounds deceitful, but get the person to pretend to be a bill collector, or a government dept?? (maybe revenue canada, since it's that time of year).

I hope you get the answers your looking for, and I hope you get to talk to your father, as I think you need to talk to him, to move on in your own life.

Dog Mom
April 19th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I sent you a PM

badger
April 19th, 2006, 10:01 AM
You can do a reverse search on http://1canada411.sympatico.msn.ca/ to find out his address. If you send me the number, I'll do it for you.

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I was going to suggest getting a gruff man to call with a blocked number... Good luck.

Copper'sMom
April 19th, 2006, 01:20 PM
I was going to suggest getting a gruff man to call with a blocked number... Good luck.

What if you got someone else to call (with call blocking *67) and got them to ask for him specifically? then hand the phone to you when he gets on?
I know it sounds deceitful, but get the person to pretend to be a bill collector, or a government dept?? (maybe revenue canada, since it's that time of year).

Ya, I thought of this but I'm sure she'll be asking 1001 questions before she decides whether or not she should allow my dad to talk on the phone.

I think when I have an address (last known was a mailing address - Post office box #) I would like to send a registered letter to him and that way he has to sign for it. She can't hide it from him then..........i hope!

Thanks to all of you! I have had some great help so far!