Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

newspaper ingestion

kaos49854
April 18th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I am asking for input on the toxicity of newpapers and magazines to a small papillon pup. He is 5 months old, 3 lbs, and loves to shred his newspaper or any paper he get get his mouth on. I work for his owner and am looking for advice for her..My 20 lb ACD pup does not share this issue LOL. THANK YOU! Jeni

OntarioGreys
April 19th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Most newspapers these days are printed using vegetable bases dyes, if you still have concerns contact the publisher

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Is there any in the stool? The concern becomes more important if the doggy is actually injesting a lot of it.