Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

careful very graffic HS

Rottielover
April 18th, 2006, 12:31 PM
this is a link I got off another site I belong too. Be forewarned. This video will bring you to tears. And those who do not she one are completely heartless.http://www.rottweiler.net/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brightlion.com%2Finhope .aspx

This is a reason if any not to support BYB or millers.:sad:

HunterXHunter
April 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM
oh my....
sad indeed....
I have the sudden urge to take 1/2 day off from work to go hug/play with Hunter right this instant

Frenchy
April 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
If they can show nudity on tv,they SHOULD show this video,hard to take but people NEED to know.

Beaglemom
April 18th, 2006, 01:16 PM
This is so very sad, it brought me to tears. I too believe that this should be shown on TV, maybe a commercial that is run during prime time. The message has to be spread and the best way to do it is through mediums such as television and posters in highly visible places.

jesse's mommy
April 18th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I'm afraid to watch it from the responses. Can someone describe it?

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 03:50 PM
It's not too bad. Mostly sad images of dogs in kennels or euthanized on the table. There are a few with skin disorders and eye things, but it's not horribly graphic. Just enough to get the point across.:(

Melei'sMom
April 18th, 2006, 03:53 PM
It brought me to tears. I had erronously thought (was seesawing on the matter) of keeping Melei intact and getting pups from her. Yes I was going to keep them all. BUt now that video was the 'straw that broke the camel's back' so to speak. If I want another furbaby, I will get one, but not from her. she will be spayed as soon as she is old enough.

if you want that on tv, would it be really hard to get Bob Barker to see it? I know that he is a huge supporter of fixing our animals and is powerful enough to make something like that happen.

BMDLuver
April 18th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Welcome to a rescuers daily reality... honestly.. that's pretty mild.

meb999
April 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 18th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I could only watch part of that - it was really sad - the part about people not liking animals that is so true.

happycats
April 18th, 2006, 09:24 PM
So sad, but unfortunately so true.
I agree with Beaglemom, it should be on TV, a spay an nueter awareness alert.

meggie1425
April 18th, 2006, 09:33 PM
As sad as it is, its reality... people are so arrogant towards animals:mad: ... brings tears to my eyes...

OntarioGreys
April 18th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately even if it was 10 times as graphic some still will not get it as they do not see how that connects/relates to themselves, like one of the people I work with, she wanted her and her children to see the miracle of birth at home with one of her cat, I gave her quite the blast then when she told me, she then told me it would not be a problem because she would place all kitten born herself into good home, a couple of week ago she told me another cat she owns is pregnant. In no way does she view herself as being irresponsible as a cat owner, in fact she seees herself more as the hero for taking cats in and if they get pregnant she finds home for the kittens, in her mind that makes her responsible and a good person and all is well with the world, she tunes out anything beyond the here and now, she refuses to hear anything about what may happen with the unneutered kittens she is placing, to her all will be well because she will be placing them with responsible people just like herself. <sigh>

erykah1310
April 18th, 2006, 10:19 PM
i have to agree that it is sad! theres no denying it, I am proud to be someone who spays and neuters pets, to anyone who may read this and is thinking " maybe just let her have one litter" RECONSIDER IT. I have forwarded this link to everyone on my mail list, hopefully enough people will pass it along and it may just reach a few pet owners, and if even we change one persons views on breeding their dog or cat, that is x amount of puppies and kittens out there that can suffer!
I encourage everyone to send this along to your contacts. Who knows what kind of difference this could make!
Idealy it would be a great commercial but that may never happen. Lets spread it over the internet.

Shaykeija
April 18th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I:sorry: for all those furbabies. Race to the bridge babieis. :sad: :sad: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: