Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oakville HS

chico2
April 18th, 2006, 08:41 AM
This morning I found a dead Raccoon in front of my house,on the road,could not help but cry:sad:
I called our local HS at 8:45am,by 9am they were here picking him up,I just wanted to commend my HS for being great:thumbs up
In all my dealings with them,good or bad and there has been many,they are truly a great HS:grouphug:

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 10:56 AM
It's always good when organizations meet our expectations, especially when it comes to an animal.:)

Skryker
April 18th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Chico, years ago I worked for the answering service that did the afterhours calls for Oakville HS-had to page the on-call ACO late at night, the middle of the night, early morning...they were fantastic! Not only did they do their great job with whatever call they were on, they often took the time to call us and let us know what happened to the animal, too.

And I can remember crying with them from time to time, too, over the phone, when things went badly. Truly great people there.

Lucky Rescue
April 18th, 2006, 01:29 PM
That's nice. We can't get ours to come and pick up a LIVE animal.:(

chico2
April 18th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Skryker,that is exactly who I was talking to,an answering service for HS,she was very friendly and HS was here within 15 minutes.
Peggy,that's really sad,they are after all in their job,to help animals,all animals.
Maybe it is because Oakville only has a population of about 130.000 people, your area might be a lot bigger.
I know for a fact,I can be very comfortable giving a cat/dog to our HS,they will keep them for as long as it takes,they do not kill animals,unless they are too badly wounded.

jesse's mommy
April 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Sorry for the slight threadjack, but I have to tell my silly thought. When I first saw the name of this thread I thought it was Oakville High School! I was wondering if something happened there. :o

chico2
April 18th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Oh well,what can I say:D :D