Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

if you're not doing anything tomorow...

meb999
April 17th, 2006, 10:58 PM
If you aren't busy at 2 o'clock in the afternoon tomorow, send me some positive viiiiibes. I have a HUGE exam tomorow (bankrupcy law) and I don't really understand the material. I hate it. But I can't fail because this is my last semester (woohoo). AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! No wonder I'm having insomnia!!

BoxerRescueMTL
April 17th, 2006, 11:22 PM
I'll be thinking of you Marie Eve! And Veggers, Dudley, Casper and Winnie send their A+ vibes your way!!!!

mummummum
April 17th, 2006, 11:46 PM
:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :fingerscr - from all of us here- 2 p.m.:thumbs up

Skryker
April 18th, 2006, 12:26 AM
:thumbs up You got it-2pm, positive vibes!

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I'll send some vibes. The last semester seems to have the most pressure. Every mark you get affects your future.. It sucks. So I'm taking the next couple of days off before my genomics evolution exam on Friday. :thumbs up :D

Good luck! :) :highfive:

Skryker
April 18th, 2006, 01:36 AM
I don't know which sounds more headachy -bankruptcy law or genomics evolution. :evil: Good luck to both of you!

cpietra16
April 18th, 2006, 08:30 AM
+++++++++vibes your way. You need to pass the course; who knows i may need you some day:D

jawert1
April 18th, 2006, 09:31 AM
major good vibes comin your way! oh and peaches and simon will also be crossing their paws!! :D

meb999
April 18th, 2006, 09:37 AM
awwwww, shucks everyone! Thanks alot. I need all the help I can get!

Prin -- I'll be thinking of you on friday, for your genomics evolution exam. What exactly is genomics evolution? It's gotta have something to do with biology!!

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM
awwwww, shucks everyone! Thanks alot. I need all the help I can get!

Prin -- I'll be thinking of you on friday, for your genomics evolution exam. What exactly is genomics evolution? It's gotta have something to do with biology!!
Oh I know what that feels like- going into an exam that feels so hopeless... If you need some self-esteem, just ask and we'll give you a bunch.;)

Genomic evolution is about how, for example, the common ancestor had a certain DNA, and everybody on the tree after him has small DNA differences. Like you know how chimps and humans share 98% of their DNA? Well, it's basically putting everybody in order based on the DNA similarities, whereas before we only used physical characteristics and location to determine the evolutionary tree.

My term paper was on Bacillus subtilis, a species of bacteria, and it is supposedly a step up from E. coli because B. subtilis has the ability to produce endospores (very resistant, seed-like things) that E. coli doesn't and it has a "gram positive" cell membrane (which allows more resistance to immune systems and antibiotics- E. coli is gram negative), but otherwise, most of the cell's functions and processes are the same.

Does that explain it? Bankruptcy law is worse.:thumbs up

HunterXHunter
April 18th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Good luck meb999!
~~~~~~~ will come your way @ 2PM :thumbs up

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I hope it's going ok... Past the halfway mark...

Rick C
April 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I will be wishing you well at noonish (2 p.m. eastern) tomorrow.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 04:05 PM
It's today, isn't it?

phoenix
April 18th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I sent good vibes at 2! I was in the car.

:party: over now??

Rick C
April 18th, 2006, 05:17 PM
It's today, isn't it?

Ah . . . . that's the problem when I'm only an intermediate level reader.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Ah . . . . that's the problem when I'm only an intermediate level reader.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
lol It's the time difference.. Well wishes take a while to get here... :D ;)

meb999
April 18th, 2006, 07:11 PM
lol It's the time difference.. Well wishes take a while to get here...

LOL!!!

Yup it was today -- thanks for the positive vibes everyone. I think it helped. It was a KILLER exam, but I think I passed (:fingerscr :fingerscr )

Now we all have to send Prin positive viiiiibes for her exam on friday :D

meb999
April 18th, 2006, 07:14 PM
My term paper was on Bacillus subtilis, a species of bacteria, and it is supposedly a step up from E. coli because B. subtilis has the ability to produce endospores (very resistant, seed-like things) that E. coli doesn't and it has a "gram positive" cell membrane (which allows more resistance to immune systems and antibiotics- E. coli is gram negative), but otherwise, most of the cell's functions and processes are the same.

Sorry, Prin, but I think Bacillus Subtilis is about a gazillion times worse than bankrupcy law!!! LOL I can barely understand what you're talking about, and I'm sure you've dumbed-it down a bit :D

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Aw really? I tried to make it simple... Basically it's using genetics and DNA to decide who came before whom. Is that better? Trust me- yours is harder.;)
I'm glad your exam went well.:)

jesse's mommy
April 18th, 2006, 09:56 PM
The chicken...
No the egg...
No the chicken...
No the egg...

UGH! I hate biology!

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 09:58 PM
lol It's more like the chicken or the bacteria (see it's easy).

HunterXHunter
April 18th, 2006, 11:57 PM

I agree biology is hard stuff, but IMHO, engineering was the toughest...our hours of class per week were at the max allowed every semester (I think it's 27 or 28) and what's worse is that engineering was 95% guys...to be honest, after 3 years my good friend (a guy) started to look pretty to me :eek:

My thesis project was a biometric car-security system with smart-card reader, voice recognition, and fingerprint recogniiton...I practically lived in the electronic/equipment lab for the last year and went home only to sleep :cool:

meb999
May 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
I PASSED! I PASSED!!
I ACED IT WITH A 72% :rolleyes:

chico2
May 2nd, 2006, 05:08 PM
Congrats meb99,what a great accomplishment:party:

jesse's mommy
May 2nd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Congrats. That's really wonderful news.

rainbow
May 2nd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Congratulations !!! :crazy: :party: :crazy: :party:

Skryker
May 2nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go! :thumbs up

cpietra16
May 2nd, 2006, 08:51 PM
WOW...that must be quite a feeling!!Congrats

phoenix
May 2nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
Awesome! What great news!

AliSam
May 2nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
Way to go!:highfive:

Rick C
May 3rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
If you aren't busy at 2 o'clock in the afternoon tomorow, send me some positive viiiiibes. I have a HUGE exam tomorow (bankrupcy law) and I don't really understand the material. I hate it. But I can't fail because this is my last semester (woohoo). AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! No wonder I'm having insomnia!!

Congrats to you.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

mummummum
May 3rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
:crazy: :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up BRAVA!!!!!:thumbs up:thumbs up :thumbs up:crazy:

Prin
May 3rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
I PASSED! I PASSED!!
I ACED IT WITH A 72% :rolleyes:
YEY!!! WOOOO!!!! I was looking for a brag thread from you (I don't want to hog all the spotlight...:o )

YEY!!:highfive: Congrats!

meb999
May 3rd, 2006, 01:35 PM
LOL!! I'm going to start a MEGA brag thread at this time next year -- when I finish my Notary classes!! **I can't wait!**