Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

small bumps on my miniature pinscher's back

falco1030
April 17th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Hi all,

My MinPin is 9 months old puppy and small bumps have developed on her back. Right away, I gave my puppy a bath with Hartz fleas & ticks shampoo and afterwards put some Hartz 4 in 1 fleas & ticks drops on her back.
However, I'm trying to find out how she got the small bumps on her back. Anybody here can answer my question?

Thanks.

Lucky Rescue
April 17th, 2006, 10:54 AM
PLEASE stop dosing your puppy with Hartz products. They can be very dangerous, escpecially the drops.

If you suspect your dog has parasites, please take her to the vet for a diagnosis and proper, safe medication.

You're not saving any money with these Hartz products and in fact it may end up costing you a lot more.

falco1030
April 17th, 2006, 11:04 AM
:thumbs up got ya.

Thanks for info.

falco1030
April 17th, 2006, 11:24 AM
So, you're saying that it could be parasites that causing the bumps on the skin.

Lucky Rescue
April 17th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I don't know if there are parasites. Could be allergies. But only a vet can determine that.

Please also mention to your vet that you doused your dog with Hartz products. He needs to know that.

You can read about the dangers of using these products here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/hartz/petition.html

falco1030
April 17th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks for your advice.

loveyadogs
April 19th, 2006, 11:23 AM
did you find out what it is?:pawprint:

falco1030
April 19th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I took my dog to the vet yesterday and the vet told me that my dog had an allergic reaction to a particular human food that I have given. I don't quite remember what I gave her this past weekend as the vet. was trying to find out. Therefore, the vet. advise me not to feed her pork and red meat.
Her bumps are completely gone!!

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I'm glad you have it half figured out. :crazy: A friend of mine's dog got those bumpies when she used a shampoo that the dog was allergic to. Once you know it's allergies, it's all about finding the source.:rolleyes:

Lucky Rescue
April 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear she's okay!

vet told me that my dog had an allergic reaction to a particular human food that I have given

Please keep this in mind and take her to the vet next time, instead of dousing her with dangerous pesticides - for parasites she didn't have - and that could have seriously harmed or killed her.

And please throw out all the Hartz stuff!;)