Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

NEUTER thursday

erykah1310
April 17th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Mr.Floyd is going for his neuter this thursday ( have really been putting this off) he doesnt go out side but does he ever want to lately! (Im guessing he knows that there are females around in season)
Now to my beef!!! Is there any reason at all that EVERYONE and their monkey refers to this as the cat(or other animal) being "fixed"?
Hes NOT broken!!!:mad:
This is definately going on my list of pet peeves!!!! Why are the proper terms not used? Who possibly was the first person to refer to a spay or neuter as being "FIXED"
Aurgh, my pointless rant!

Prin
April 17th, 2006, 12:23 PM
:o :o I say fixed... But it's more of a "fix you breakfast", "fix your cat so he can't have kids", kind of way. At least that's how it is in my head.

phoenix
April 17th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Hmm. interesting question. I say 'fixed' too. never thought of it being offensive! Oh well, regardless of what people call it, let's hope at least that they are doing it.;)
which reminds me, I need to make Maia an appointment for her spay as she turns 6 mos in 2 weeks.
Good luck on Thurs.

gomez
April 17th, 2006, 01:57 PM
In the UK the vets are very blunt - they castrate your pet!

erykah1310
April 17th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Its not offensive at all when its refered to as "fixed" just a pet peeve, stupid little things that irratate you. LOL
regardless of what people call it, let's hope at least that they are doing it.

I am with you 110% on that one, as long as it gets done thats really all that matters.

erykah1310
April 18th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Mr Floyds Neuter was moved to today!!!! Poor little guy so confused, he did good, and they found ear mites, so we got some drops for him. Im so glad that he did good, however he NEVER travels so that kinda scared him a bit! But all in all it went well! Just thought i would fill you all in!!
As far as the mites, the other cats are going in next week for their check ups and Mr.Growly pants is getting neutered too. Then thats it in my house.
My next objective is starting up a ferile/stray spay/neuter, currently collecting recyclables and have got in contact with a local rescue for this, I'll keep everyone posted on how it comes along!
Take care eve1