Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fatal attraction

shannonRN
April 14th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Rommel really has this fatal attraction for projectiles of any kind--tennis balls, birds, sticks, and above all else---FRISBEE. Lately, it seems like either his enthusiasm has reached a crescendo or maybe he's getting a little less athletic in his older age. I'm not sure which is the case.

He launches himself into the air with such reckless abandon that he pays no mind to the landing, and a few times lately he's just completely wiped out. Yesterday he landed awkwardly with a big yelp. (Just a sprain, thank goodness; he was back to normal within a short time, wanting to play again)

I hate to take playing frisbee away from him, but I guess he's too much of a spaz to play anymore, unless I invest in some gymnastic mats and other protective padding :(

Here's a shot of him actually landing on his feet (but not catching the frisbee :o )

Frenchy
April 14th, 2006, 03:05 PM
WOW,cool picture.

Prin
April 14th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Jemma is like that too. In the beginning, I thought she wouldn't be crazy enough to keep going until she died- but then she almost got hypothermia from swimming in a lake in the fall by herself, without anything to keep her going- not even toys. She must have been in there more than a half hour before I said "Whoa. No way are you not freezing. Get out." She was shaking for so long afterward. What a twit.

I worry that she'll get premature arthritis from all the compression from jumping. I got arthritis in my knees and ankles at 21 because of compression injuries from snowboarding (I went all out, Jemma-style).

But she doesn't stop. This winter she shredded up her nose on the ice going to hard.

Jemma in action.

rainbow
April 14th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Shannon & Prin...good pics.:thumbs up

(I went all out, Jemma-style).

You know the old saying "like mother, like daughter"....Jemma must have inherited these qualities from you.:D

jesse's mommy
April 14th, 2006, 06:20 PM
(but not catching the frisbee :o )

Jesse lets the frisbee bounce off her head then flips it up off the ground and bounces around like she caught it -- thinking we didn't see it bounce off her head. It happens every time, not once has she caught it.

shannonRN
April 15th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Rom is definitely only mediocre in the frisbee-catching department, but he leaps in quite a spectacular manner! If he liked water more, I would just take him down to the pond and have him jump after the frisbee into the water (problem solved!) except he's a wader, not a swimmer...