Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boy, did I ever get a good one.... (Self-indulgent rambling!)

SunGurl372
April 13th, 2006, 07:55 PM
I've posted here and there tidbits about my experience with a BYBer and how it ultimately drove me to the local pound to adopt, rather than spend a fortune on who-knows-what. (Was not very educated on identifying a good breeder at the time....BLESS this forum!)

So, I've had Harley for just over a year. What a peach! My folks still comment on how lucky I was to just walk into the local city pound on a lark one day and walk away with the best dog on the face of the earth ... except for all of yours, of course! :p

I looked into her eyes that day and knew, JUST KNEW, that she was meant for me. She's never proved me wrong! And she reinforces this conviction in so many small ways every day. A recent thing I've noticed, just one of a million small things I'm amazed by......

I've had to convert my dining room / kitchen table into a makeshift office, as work is horrid these days. I'm pulling the 9-to-5 (ha! more like 8:30 - 6:00), and then starting back up by 9:00pm to anywhere between 12 to 2am. Rough days!

Anyway, my son has commandeered my coffee table as his dinner table. But being a precocious (sp?) 5-year old, often feels it necessary to leave the living room to check in on what I'm doing in another room.

So, here's this tasty, warm meal set perfectly at mouth level with my furkid, left all unattended....and she'll never so much as take a nibble!!!!

Harley has been such a wonder. I bemoan the years I went without such a companion....

Prin
April 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Yey! Doggies rock, eh?

Lucky Rescue
April 13th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I looked into her eyes that day and knew, JUST KNEW, that she was meant for me.

I felt the same way the second I saw my Chloe for the first time. I"m so glad I trusted my instincts!:)

SunGurl372
April 13th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I"m so glad I trusted my instincts!:)

Boy, do I know how you feel. Before I "bumped" into Harley that day, I had pretty much decided to find either a full-bred lab, or a lab mix. Mostly because my last fur baby, lost in a nasty divorce, was a lab / akita mix. Missed her like crazy!

There was just something about Harley...the entire place was full of howling, barking, crazy dogs, and she was just so quiet. She stood up at the cage door to touch my hand, wagging like a demon, but just so, so calm. My mom tried to talk me out of it for a good 30 minutes, but I was sold the second we met!

rainbow
April 13th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Harley has been such a wonder. I bemoan the years I went without such a companion....

....and you`ll never regret it.:thumbs up