Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Funny or Slanderous?

Shamrock
April 13th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Go to Google Search...type in "failure".. and select "I'm feeling lucky"

Not to get into American politics.. just wondered what you thought of this ?
I found it amusing, but was quite suprised at the boldness from this giant corporation.

Writing4Fun
April 13th, 2006, 02:40 PM
That's pretty interesting, since the word "failure" isn't found anywhere in the document nor is it in the page's source code anywhere (I thought maybe someone at the White House would think it's funny to put it in the keywords, but no). So, yeah, either it's a very strange coincedence, or the good folks at Google are making quite the political statement. Would be interesting to see if that search changes when George W's term is up...

SunGurl372
April 13th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Google

"French Military Victories" and click "I'm feeling lucky"....

and

"French War Victories" and click "I'm feeling lucky".....

Prin
April 13th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Pretty nuts.:crazy:

Jackie467
April 13th, 2006, 03:27 PM
these are funny but actully a joke. When you push feeling lucky you open the first search page that google finds. I'm not sure about the failure but the other two mentioned were actully made by a site called albinoblacksheep.com
if you just do regular search without pushing I'm feeling lucky you will see that it is from albinoblacksheep. I'm not sure how they got it to be the first page but they did.

jesse's mommy
April 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Well, if the shoe fits...

Shamrock
April 13th, 2006, 04:18 PM
hmm, interesting..
It actually brings up the same thing when a regular search is done.. Jimmy Carter's bio listed as second.:crazy:

rainbow
April 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I first seen that a few months ago via email. I`m surprised it hasn`t been removed by now.:D Maybe G.W. hasn`t seen it yet?:D

Stacer
April 13th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I like the "failure" search. very appropriate.

SunGurl372
April 13th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Go easy there, hoss.....:usa:

Not saying the man's infallible, but there's got to be some loyalty somewhere. (Sorry, it's the ex-military in me coming out.)

Prin
April 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I think most Canadians don't have that loyalty. Even if the party we want is in power, we still make fun of them till they cry.:evil:

rainbow
April 14th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah...we love to do that.:evil: :evil:

Gazoo
April 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I think most Canadians don't have that loyalty. Even if the party we want is in power, we still make fun of them till they cry.:evil:

:D :D :D aaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaaaaaaa

jawert1
April 16th, 2006, 08:01 PM

I so wish that was the reigning sentiment below the border, it would make family dinners with my father far more bearable.

Schwinn
April 17th, 2006, 11:05 PM
You used to get a spoof of the "site not found" page from Explorer if you did an "I'm feeling lucky" for WMD. There's a few of those "easter eggs" out there.