November 18th, 2001, 03:51 AM
I am posting this message because I was hoping that someone here could help my dog. He throws up almost every morning, as if HE had morning sickness or something like that. I don't know what to do, I thought it was the water at first so I boiled it for a couple of days, but that didn't help, he still had yje same problem. He's a 6 year old Rottweiler that throws up almost everyday, with an occasional day off. Another thing I should mention is that what he throws up if more like a slimmy kind of substence, like if he had gastro or something like that.
Thank you so much to everyone that posts a reply, my dog and I appreciate it very much!
November 21st, 2001, 11:54 PM
I had the same sounding problem with my 50 lb. 2-1/2 year old pointer cross. When it first manifested, I panicked and took her to the vet. I was told she had a sensitive tummy and she had probably eaten something that didn't agree with her. Expensive, but at least I knew it was nothing serious or life-threatening -- I would recommend that you visit the vet. Deciding to treat her like a human with a sensitive tummy, I have since managed to decrease the frequency of the vomiting tremendously by making sure that she keeps something in her tummy overnight. I feed her 1/2 her dry ration first thing in the morning. Once that's down, then I put the other 1/2 in her bowl for her to eat whenever she wants it. At 6 pm, I give her a 1/4 of a large can of dog meat (and stir it into any dry food that's left over). After her last visit outside at night, I also give her a pretty big home-made dog cookie. I have found that the almost daily vomiting (and yes, hers was a slimey mess, too, yellowish in colour) has decreased to perhaps once every two weeks or so. I also feed her "good" dog food (not the grocery store stuff).
November 30th, 2001, 01:50 PM
I have a shih zhu dog she throws up a lot before but she is gettig better now. Sometimes if they are hungry they will throw up too. You can try the feed your dog once in the afternoon and once before going to bed. The meal before bed DO NOT FEED TOO MUCH. The will throw up when they are hungry or too full. (I've find this infomation on the internet) I've try this to my baby for a week now. Over all is work for my baby. Hope this work.
January 11th, 2002, 05:59 PM
I have a Yellow Lab who was throwing up on a regular basis. It was determined that she had a food allergy. This can be quite common. You can buy hypoallergenic food from your Vet that uses different sources of protein and carbohydrates to come up with a hypoallergenic formula. Once I got my dog on this, she stopped throwing up immediately. Check it out!