Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thomas is leading two lives!

mom_to_many
April 13th, 2006, 08:21 AM
My next door neighboor asked me the other day what my black and white cat's name was. I told him..he said oh..well we call him Oreo. And "Oreo" is let in to visit and amuse his children. But the shocker was when I was told they let "Oreo" choose his own food from the fridge!!:eek: My neighbor makes a mean smoked BBQ, and that is what "Oreo" usually chooses! I thought Thomas was putting on a little weight..now I know why!! I really don't mind "sharing" my cat with them as they cannot have pets, but the weight thing is worrying me. I nicely told Mike to please not feed him.(hope he listened)..and I have cut back on his wet food.
This is also the neighbor that last year threw a dead chicken over my fence to the dogs! Those words were a little more forceful..my dogs do not get anything unless it comes from me...and they do not eat DEAD CHICKENS!! Gotta love the well-meaning neighbors!:rolleyes:

rainbow
April 13th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Gawd...I think your neighbour is a total moron.:eek:

I know it`s hard when you want to be friendly with the neighbours but your pets come first. I would tell him point blank not to feed your pets period.:( If he doesn`t talk to you again then that`s his loss.:D

LM1313
April 13th, 2006, 02:14 PM
The first cat I remember in our family, Dr. Who, actually left his home a block away to come live with us. (We didn't learn this until much later, after he'd passed away. But we knew he'd belonged to somebody else, because he was already neutered.) He wasn't abused or anything . . . he just moved on. He would also travel three blocks over every day to have lunch with a cat-loving lady who would feed her own cat and strays a variety of canned cat food.

Yeah, he knew what he liked. ;)

~LM~

Rottielover
April 13th, 2006, 02:25 PM
if you are worried, why not keep him safe as an indoor cat???

mom_to_many
April 13th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I think my neighbor got the hint...or so I hope. And trying to keep Thomas in is near impossible..he is either taking claws to the glass.. or this time of year, the screens. He is a stray that showed up about a year ago, and was fat and sassy then. Who knows? I just might be his "primary" home. ;) I wonder if I could collect child support? lol

rainbow
April 14th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I think my neighbor got the hint...or so I hope.

Well, that`s good news :thumbs up ....let`s hope it lasts.:fingerscr

chico2
April 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I am one of those"bad neighbors":D but this cat lives across the street from me in a large town-house complex.
She's a beautiful longhaired black and white girl.
Today it's been raining and I saw her sitting on their front-stoop at 7am,at 3:30 she is still sitting there,soaked to the bone.
I brought her over some food and she gulped it down!
I always keep an eye on her,it seems the owners don't care too much about her,but I could be wrong.

rainbow
April 14th, 2006, 05:01 PM
"Bad Neighbour Chico":D ...but you`re feeding something good, not BBQ meat or tossing dead chickens over the fence.:eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 14th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I pryed something out of Joeys mouth yesterday it looked like a chicken or a bird - head no idea how it got on our lawn, it also looked like it was cooked - but it was like eeewww!! Joey seemed to enjoy it until I pried it out of his mouth - no knowing where that came from. I dont think my neighbours wouldnt have done it - they never give us anything :D

mafiaprincess
April 15th, 2006, 01:26 AM
There was a piece of bone that I couldn't identify in our yard last week.. I was doing spring poop clean up duty and really scrutinizing the yard. Looked sort of like a cattle leg bone.. a small section, but somehow the texture wasn't like anything I'd give Cider. But it was by the fence of the loser neighbours. Since they occassionally throw crap in the backyard, lord only knows if it was safe. Thankfully I found it before Cider was let to freely roam the entire (newly cleaned) yard.

shannonRN
April 15th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Sheesh, reading these posts makes me that much happier not to have neighbors!

chico2
April 15th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Rainbow.OMG.no I would not do that:yuck: she gets a nice dish of cat-food:pawprint:
I have found strange little bones etc..on my lawn,we have a corner-lot,but I suspect it's leftover dinners from Hawks,Crows and other creatures.
Bailey(the Cocker)unlike my cats,picks up all kinds of stuff,but luckily she lets me pry it out of her mouth.

mom_to_many
April 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Well, I guess we all have or can be the well meaning neighbor. :) And I personally would trust everyone here to be my well meaning neighbor!!:D I have fed the neighbors dogs...and in turn, kept one and found a good home for another. But that, as we all know is another story!

rainbow
April 15th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Rainbow.OMG.no I would not do that

Chico, I`m really sorry, I was just being sarcastic.:o I know you`d never do anything like that.:eek:

And I`d love to have someone like you as a neighbour.:love: :thumbs up

chico2
April 15th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Rainbow,think twice before you say that:D I am sort of the animal-watcher of the neighborhood.
This particular little beautiful girl-kitty,is often left outside when the owners go away for the weekend and she'll just sit on the stoop and wait:sad:
Some people just do not deserve the love of an animal...